The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:Was the extended edition released already? I thought it didn't come out until Tuesday?
iTunes, and it leaked.

I wanted to post thoughts but I've been so busy. It's by far my preferred version of the film, far more tone-appropriate and representative of Tolkien's vision. It's very Tolkienian in fact, and Bilbo's given a better, and deeper, characterization.

-Vader
All special features included? That seems new for both iTunes and leaks lol.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I've been holding out on another viewing until I could see this as the extended editions are kind of a tradition with my Dad and I (has it really been almost ten years since Return of the King????).

I'm gonna wait until all the extended versions for each film is out. I'm not in a rush.

BlairCo wrote:I'm gonna wait until all the extended versions for each film is out. I'm not in a rush.
You're gonna wait until, likely, 2015?

Cilogy wrote:
BlairCo wrote:I'm gonna wait until all the extended versions for each film is out. I'm not in a rush.
Yep. In fact, I haven't even gotten around to seeing the extended versions of LOTR.

BlairCo wrote:
Cilogy wrote:
Yep. In fact, I haven't even gotten around to seeing the extended versions of LOTR.
Shit, I simply wouldn't be able to resist. The extended versions of LOTR are miles better than the theatricals. My personal favorite is Fellowship's because it gives so much extra context for everything in the series.

If I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it all in one. It would be like watching a film for the first time all over again.

I watched all the bonus features too ;)

they're amazing

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:Was the extended edition released already? I thought it didn't come out until Tuesday?
iTunes, and it leaked.

I wanted to post thoughts but I've been so busy. It's by far my preferred version of the film, far more tone-appropriate and representative of Tolkien's vision. It's very Tolkienian in fact, and Bilbo's given a better, and deeper, characterization.

-Vader
interesting, have seen most of the scenes on Youtube, not in the context of the film, but I'm interested how this cut is by far superior, I'm unimpressed by most of them (especially the Goblin-town song)

I want to pick this up, I would just like to know if it will be on sale for like $15 or something on Black Friday. Basicly, what I'm saying is someone leak the fricken BF ads already for every store!

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
iTunes, and it leaked.

-Vader
interesting, have seen most of the scenes on Youtube, not in the context of the film, but I'm interested how this cut is by far superior, I'm unimpressed by most of them (especially the Goblin-town song)
Brendan's practically a Hobbit apologist, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.