The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
http://screenrant.com/peter-jackson-hob ... n-details/
“You are going to get some serious Dwarvish disrespect of the elves at Rivendell,” says Jackson…

“You are going to get more of Hobbiton,” says producer / co-writer Philippa Boyens. “We always wanted to wend our way through Hobbiton, but in the end Bilbo has to run out of the door.”
“We are putting things in the extended cut that are going to play straight into the second film,” explains Jackson, “like this character Girion, who is defending [the city of] Dale using black arrows against Smaug. And the black arrows play a part in an ongoing story, for they are the one thing that can pierce the dragon’s hide.”

“There are also issues with [king of the elves] Thranduil (Lee Pace),” Jackson adds. “We get some of the reason why he and the dwarves had a falling out – to do with these white gems…”
Not that interested in the EE.

I thought we were getting to see even younger Bilbo and his mother, where Gandalf talked about when they meet.

Besides.. When the company meets Radagast, they aren't even in Rivendell yet. And Dol Guldur is pretty damn far away from where they are then.. Must I suppose that Radagast rode such a long distance, even thru the mountains?!!?!? :wtf:
Or am I missing something here :think:

Nomis1700 wrote:Besides.. When the company meets Radagast, they aren't even in Rivendell yet. And Dol Guldur is pretty damn far away from where they are then.. Must I suppose that Radagast rode such a long distance, even thru the mountains?!!?!? :wtf:
He's a wizard with Ruscabell Rabbits. And Gandalf seemed to ride from Hobbiton to Isengard in a day or two.

Bacon wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote:Besides.. When the company meets Radagast, they aren't even in Rivendell yet. And Dol Guldur is pretty damn far away from where they are then.. Must I suppose that Radagast rode such a long distance, even thru the mountains?!!?!? :wtf:
He's a wizard with Ruscabell Rabbits. And Gandalf seemed to ride from Hobbiton to Isengard in a day or two.
I don't think Gandalf got there thát fast, didn't there past a few months since Frodo and Sam left Hobbiton to the Bree and that he went to Saruman?

Nomis1700 wrote:
Bacon wrote:
I don't think Gandalf got there thát fast, didn't there past a few months since Frodo and Sam left Hobbiton to the Bree and that he went to Saruman?
I'm not sure about months between leaving Hobbiton to Bree.

Bacon wrote: I'm not sure about months between leaving Hobbiton to Bree.
Yeah... Me neither actually, should re-watch the LOTR trilogy :P

It was an unexpected disappointment.
Last edited by MeLVaNoaTe on July 15th, 2013, 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:It was an unexpected disappointed.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
MeLVaNoaTe wrote:It was an unexpected disappointed.

-Vader
Seriously. I was amazed at the lack of interesting things in the movie.