The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
James wrote:
Allstar wrote:Movie was such a disappointment.
Tell me about it! was so disappointed. The book was fantastic. They could have fitted more in - in the same amount of time. script wasnt that great. Sony wanting it cut down didnt help. Fincher not releasing a better cut wont help. Was just so boring. Nothing happened. Geniunely like Panic Room better.

Some people must just be lying to themselves that this movies amazing. My signatures pretty cool though.
Ok then.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

I sent the Blue Ray to my house. My Dad watched it last night and told me he really liked it (he is unfamiliar with the books and had no idea what the plot was, but he thought the trailer before J.Edgar was cool and wanted to see it with me over break but I was like, "Old man that is not a father daughter date movie" LOL).

Can't wait to watch it when I get home for Spring Break!!!!
m4st4 wrote:Two more days of waiting for me :think: :
Love this GIF.

James wrote:
Allstar wrote:Movie was such a disappointment.
Tell me about it! was so disappointed. The book was fantastic. They could have fitted more in - in the same amount of time. script wasnt that great. Sony wanting it cut down didnt help. Fincher not releasing a better cut wont help. Was just so boring. Nothing happened. Geniunely like Panic Room better.

Some people must just be lying to themselves that this movies amazing. My signatures pretty cool though.
I always knew that opinions weren't a real thing!

Vader182 wrote:Didn't get that close to breaking even all said and done, if there's sequels, they'll need pretty big budget cuts I'm guessing.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/enterta ... treet.html

Makes the already low changes of Fincher coming back even less.

-Vader
I hope they are at least smart enough to realize the film had some legs, and will at least consider that a sequel could do better as people did start to pay attention to this film.

Vader182 wrote:Didn't get that close to breaking even all said and done, if there's sequels, they'll need pretty big budget cuts I'm guessing.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/enterta ... treet.html

Makes the already low changes of Fincher coming back even less.

-Vader

Returns of $231 million in worldwide box office wasn't enough to turn a profit on "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo."

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer disclosed in financial results released this week that it is booking what Co-Chief Executive Gary Barber called a "modest loss" on the film. On a conference call with shareholders, he said the independent studio, which covered 20% of the approximately $100-million production budget for the movie co-financed and distributed by Sony Pictures, needed "Dragon Tattoo" to collect about 10% more revenue in order to break even.

WUT?

231 mill couldn't cover? Thats seems ridic to me.

Ah, marketing and business these days... :|

I saw the DVD in Best Buy and I thought it was sort of ugly. The back was, I mean. Sort of fuzzy and dark, even with the film's mood in mind.

can't believe this shit

GothamGirl wrote:231 mill couldn't cover? Thats seems ridic to me.
I know right?

Pretty pissed off with this news.