The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

This is an absolutely great commentary uncovering a lot of underlying themes. One has to bare with it for a while till it gets to the point but srsly. It's cool as hell.

prince0gotham wrote:

This is an absolutely great commentary uncovering a lot of underlying themes. One has to bare with it for a while till it gets to the point but srsly. It's cool as hell.
Thanks, dude. Finally a good post today.

While that's extremely interesting and so forth, I'm not sure it's the type of depth that could convince naysayers of its cinematic integrity, which is what I'd hope a great analysis would do.

-Vader

It does stray from trying to be definitive as it after all admits from the start it's commenting on the films self consciousness about being a remake (especially since it's not even a remake but an adaptation of the book that's very sonscious about the fact that there's a movie out there that had been released first).

For one I think it should convince naysayers that it hasn't in any way taken any cheap way or roads towards whatever it tried to pull off.

I don't think that's what people reject about the film though. Many people criticize the unconventional five act structure as sloppy and lacking in dramatic and narrative motivation, and thus for existing at all. Additionally, the pulpy and more immediate concerns of the narrative push more 'heady' viewers away, while the anti-hegmonic values constantly battering away at viewers will likely alienate those hoping for a purely sensationalist film.

The funny thing was how most critics criticized the movie for being a movie they'd already seen, rather than seeing how well it functioned as a piece of cinema.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:I don't think that's what people reject about the film though. Many people criticize the unconventional five act structure as sloppy and lacking in dramatic and narrative motivation, and thus for existing at all. Additionally, the pulpy and more immediate concerns of the narrative push more 'heady' viewers away, while the anti-hegmonic values constantly battering away at viewers will likely alienate those hoping for a purely sensationalist film.

The funny thing was how most critics criticized the movie for being a movie they'd already seen, rather than seeing how well it functioned as a piece of cinema.

-Vader
I have an urge to post the "like a sir" meme, but I won't because I agree with you.

Also that video prince posted made an otherwise dry day more interesting.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Happy B-Day David! 8-)

Masterpiece.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:Masterpiece.

m4st4 wrote:
Happy B-Day David! 8-)
Dream-Xtractor wrote:Masterpiece.
Still in my TOP 10 of all time. :clap: