The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
christophmac wrote:Won't beat Zodiac.
I thought 'Se7en' was the one to 'beat' but I also don't care, as long as I like the movie. Probably will be better for me cause I like Rooney/Craig coupling more than Ruffallo/Gyllenhaal and there's a chance for Fincher to return, adult franchise and all.

I'm rather curious about this, what do you like so much about Zodiac? I went in with high expectations, but with each viewing I've disliked it more and more, but still give it an 8.5 for the wonderful craftsmanship/performances/and while extremely unbalanced and poorly paced, the film has many, many great moments.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
I'm rather curious about this, what do you like so much about Zodiac? I went in with high expectations, but with each viewing I've disliked it more and more, but still give it an 8.5 for the wonderful craftsmanship/performances/and while extremely unbalanced and poorly paced, the film has many, many great moments.

-Vader
With 'TGWTDT' i'm getting this 'Se7en' meets 'Zodiac' kinda vibe, so that means what, perfect Fincher movie? :-D

Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
It was as well made as any of Fincher's films but to me felt like the most important one. It's also the most well acted, that much is basically undisputed what with Downey Jr and Ruffalo.

christophmac wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
It was as well made as any of Fincher's films but to me felt like the most important one. It's also the most well acted, that much is basically undisputed what with Downey Jr and Ruffalo.
I feel Social Network is better acted as an ensamble, but even so, Zodiac didn't feel unbalanced to you? It felt it didn't know what it was- historical drama or serial killer film, and you only find out half way through it's not a thriller but a character study about obsession, which makes many of the choices throughout a bit odd. Tonally it's way too inconsistent for me. Plus, it just sort of fizzles out.

-Vader

I watched 'Fight Club' yesterday, even that beats 'Zodiac' (but I'm not saying 'Zodiac' was a horrible film, in fact, it's one of my favourites). Hopefully, Fincher can do what he did to 'Fight Club' to 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo', making it better then the book (but thinking about that, I think that's asking for too much).

Vader182 wrote:
christophmac wrote:
I feel Social Network is better acted as an ensamble, but even so, Zodiac didn't feel unbalanced to you? It felt it didn't know what it was- historical drama or serial killer film, and you only find out half way through it's not a thriller but a character study about obsession, which makes many of the choices throughout a bit odd. Tonally it's way too inconsistent for me. Plus, it just sort of fizzles out.

-Vader
I like films set in the 70's, films about crime, films set in California and films with Mark Ruffalo/Robert Downey Jr. That's pretty much why Zodiac is my favourite, reasonably subjective.

The only thing I'm sure of is that it's the most well acted.

You've got:

Gyllenhaal
Downey Jr
Ruffalo
Anthony Edwards
Elias Koteas
John Carroll Lynch
Philip Baker Hall
Brian Cox

Among other good supporting actors.

oracle86 wrote: Other than the first two links, all the remaining ones are broken. :(
That's because someone removed those pics (User). Try digging deeper over at imdb or just buy Empire. ;)