The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
haha didnt even see the earrings..he's one of those metal heads

rooney got a nice curve on her ass :angel:

it departs rather dramatically from the book. Blomkvist is less promiscuous, Salander is more aggressive, and, most notably, the ending—the resolution of the drama—has been completely changed. This may be sacrilege to some, but Zaillian has improved on Larsson—the script’s ending is more interesting.

talli wrote:
it departs rather dramatically from the book. Blomkvist is less promiscuous, Salander is more aggressive, and, most notably, the ending—the resolution of the drama—has been completely changed. This may be sacrilege to some, but Zaillian has improved on Larsson—the script’s ending is more interesting.
Good, I think it is dumb to think you have to remain 100% loyal to a novel for a film. Changes usually need to be made to make it work better as a cinematic experience..

I liked a lot the original's ending... wondering what they have in their mind for this version... :think:

Am i the only one who thought the original was kinda decent? anways, with fincher directing, trent reznor scoring & daniel craig starring, this could be really good.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

Roomi is certainly sexier. This movie will probably be prettier (better looking cast), but I'm not expecting a much better movie, the original was great.

i saw the movie right after reading the book, and immediately thought it was strongly miscast...or i thought the director's vision of the characters was very off

needless to say i didnt like the movie very much so I have no trouble believing Fincher is going to make a better film...and being that its Fincher i have no trouble believing that he will make an amazing film, period

Did I say Roomi... ugh Noomi Rapace I meant. I never read the book so I just took the movie as is. Don't have any intention of reading the books either.

Noomi Rapace still the badass girl. No one could replace her. I also think this will be a very good retake on the story but NOT AS GOOD as the original...

The level of tension in the first part is beyond my understanding...

RIFA wrote:Noomi Rapace still the badass girl. No one could replace her. I also think this will be a very good retake on the story but NOT AS GOOD as the original...

The level of tension in the first part is beyond my understanding...
I watched an interview with Noomi and was floored, she seems so pleasant. Good performance in those films.