The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
If you ignore that its a remake of a Swedish film and pretend that film never existed, Let Me In is as good as the original. I think its ever better than the original since the visuals and tension were done better.
critics only praise it so much because it's "americanized"
Usually critics hate on films for that same reason. Its rare for critics to like a remake. Insomnia and Let Me In are the only two that comes to mind.

i wonda how long it will be :D

JRM
I'm probably in the minority, but I did NOT like the original at all, and if the American version didn't have Fincher's name attached to it, I wouldn't be looking forward to it.

JRM wrote:I'm probably in the minority, but I did NOT like the original at all, and if the American version didn't have Fincher's name attached to it, I wouldn't be looking forward to it.

thats what im saying...the original was mediocre

I watched this on Netfilx this afternoon. Lisbeth's matter-of-fact approach to the sex thing sort of caught me off guard. Honestly, the only thing I could come up with as a reason for her doing that was the idea that she wanted to defuse the issue.

i think rooney's Lisbeth is gonna be a better interpretation than noomi's

JRM
princecarr13 wrote:I watched this on Netfilx this afternoon. Lisbeth's matter-of-fact approach to the sex thing sort of caught me off guard. Honestly, the only thing I could come up with as a reason for her doing that was the idea that she wanted to defuse the issue.
Yeah, that was very . . . :wtf:

I just couldn't get into the movie. :lol:

Looking forward to this one.