The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
They spent insane amounts of money on marketing, so it isn't shocking.

-Vader

So what now? No sequels, second tier director, wtf? Lousy news... :suicide:

bought it on tuesday. Great movie. There are somethings in this film that the Swedish film got right according to the book.

I believe the release date for the film really hurt its box office draw. I love Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but I didn't like the mood it brings around Christmas. It would have been better in October or September.

MSUspartans2211 wrote:I believe the release date for the film really hurt its box office draw. I love Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but I didn't like the mood it brings around Christmas. It would have been better in October or September.
The Snowy setting is probably the reason why it recieved a Christmas Release Date.

September/October isn't time to open a hundred million dollar movie though. Christmas= days off= bigger box office draw.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:September/October isn't time to open a hundred million dollar movie though. Christmas= days off= bigger box office draw.

-Vader
Yeah your right but I thought the films tone is a turn during a season feel good season.

MSUspartans2211 wrote:
Vader182 wrote:September/October isn't time to open a hundred million dollar movie though. Christmas= days off= bigger box office draw.

-Vader
Yeah your right but I thought the films tone is a turn during a season feel good season.
True. With the exception of fans and some cinephiles who were interested in this film, I see no reason for a regular moviegoer to go see this during a feel good season.

Vader182 wrote:They spent insane amounts of money on marketing, so it isn't shocking.

-Vader
The budget for the movie was $100 million wasn't it? So marketing was more then $131 million?

I find this very hard to believe.