The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

this will be fantastic just like most of fincheys work.

Hopefully another Fincher masterpiece!

As much as I'm against this remake, he does look perfect for the part. I do have some hopes for this, as David Fincher is directing, but it's still not needed.

Yes it is needed. What is wrong with having a better americanized version for a mainstream audience?

allstarr55js wrote:Yes it is needed. What is wrong with having a better americanized version for a mainstream audience?
When you remake a movie that ain't even had enough time to breathe (being released 8 months ago) to me ... that's a problem... But still I'm looking for this because it looks good...

I'm not a fan of remakes. Never have been, never will be. What's the bloody point?
I don't think there is any need to Americanise this (any other foreign film/book). Matt Reeves' Let Me In is a prime example of what happens when Hollywood tries to Americanise something.

kanjisheik wrote:I'm not a fan of remakes. Never have been, never will be. What's the bloody point?
I don't think there is any need to Americanise this (any other foreign film/book). Matt Reeves' Let Me In is a prime example of what happens when Hollywood tries to Americanise something.
Yet Matt Reeves's Let Me In was pretty damn good for a Americanized film.

yeah many critics are saying that Matt Reeves exceeds the original film

i think in this case its almost necessary because the swedish film didnt do justice to the book...i think it didnt capture the spirit of the characters, and skipped way too much detail...and fincher is known for being obsessive over detail

I've also heard people/critics saying that the Let me In remake is in fact overrated and critics only praise it so much because it's "americanized"... I'm not sure what to think about this movie.. I have to see it but I don't think it can top the original...

Those guys from Spill already said it's a good movie but not like the original and that critics are far too positive about this movie and considering that I usually agree with those guys then... :think: