The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I don't know why everybody thought Finch would come back for the sequels. Like he'd be that stupid.

James wrote:I don't know why everybody thought Finch would come back for the sequels. Like he'd be that stupid.

Why would he be stupid for doing the sequels? :roll:

RIFA wrote:
James wrote:I don't know why everybody thought Finch would come back for the sequels. Like he'd be that stupid.
Why would he be stupid for doing the sequels? :roll:
Yeah, you know there are two more books to go? :eh:

Fincher never said he would be 100% for the sequels to begin with. I believe someone else is up for those, and not him because he is attached to other projects.

I don't believe there has been any firm confirmation officially he's not doing them, although I'm now inching towards the he's not option. Shame I'd rather see him complete this than doing some Disney flick but he's obviously moving into a more commercial arena.

It's not the most gutting thing he won't be doing, when I heard he originally he intended to do a 3 hour b/w version of The Black Dahlia totally approved by James Ellroy and then we got that awful pile of shite that De Palma directed now that was something to be really upset about.

It's not the end of the world and as long as some Ratner like doesn't get the job and Sony find another talented craftsman hopefully the sequels will be worth the wait.

Currently re-reading American Tabloid, now there's a HBO drama waiting to be commissioned!

Teslashelby wrote:I don't believe there has been any firm confirmation officially he's not doing them, although I'm now inching towards the he's not option. Shame I'd rather see him complete this than doing some Disney flick but he's obviously moving into a more commercial arena.

It's not the most gutting thing he won't be doing, when I heard he originally he intended to do a 3 hour b/w version of The Black Dahlia totally approved by James Ellroy and then we got that awful pile of shite that De Palma directed now that was something to be really upset about.

It's not the end of the world and as long as some Ratner like doesn't get the job and Sony find another talented craftsman hopefully the sequels will be worth the wait.

Currently re-reading American Tabloid, now there's a HBO drama waiting to be commissioned!
David is promoting TGWTDT all over Europe, we just need to wait for something official, rather than speculative. ;)

Crisp quality.

solo2001 wrote:Kay so I finally saw it.
Has the rape scene been discussed yet? Haven't read this thread in awhile to avoid plot details.
What is there to discuss? I thought the rape scene was going to much more brutal when hearing so much about it.Rooney has got a nice ass though :tooexcited:

Mr. Caine wrote:
solo2001 wrote:Kay so I finally saw it.
Has the rape scene been discussed yet? Haven't read this thread in awhile to avoid plot details.
What is there to discuss? I thought the rape scene was going to much more brutal when hearing so much about it.Rooney has got a nice ass though :tooexcited:
First time I saw it... Dunno, I was thinking in terms, jeez, my friends are here, I kept it all under wraps, what are they going to tell me afterwards, especially since I literally dragged their asses from M:I screening to see this one... Second time, I was all alone and damn... Totally intense experience, goose bumps all over, I even teared a bit (not that I was actually crying but that moment when you get all choked up, when you're pumped with adrenaline), I think those rattle sounds and Rooney's screaming made that scene pretty disturbing - the way it should be presented.

There is only one way to do a horrifying and memorable rape scene. Watch Irreversible.