The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
MSUspartans2211 wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong but Clooney is always so overhyped bc he's Clooney. I thought he was good in the Descendants but not as good as advertised. Oldman was much better. Hardy and Edgerton were better in Warrior!!! Pitt is deserving though, Moneyball was great.

Just because Moneyball was great doesn't mean Pitt was any good in it. I'm one of the biggest Pitt nuthuggers out there but he has no business being a shoe-in for a best actor nod. There was nothing to that roll. Brad Pitt best performances seem to go unnoticed and because they missed they, they nominate him for something else. i.e TCCOBB

Pitt doesn't deserve anything for Moneyball.

CaliKid329 wrote:
MSUspartans2211 wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong but Clooney is always so overhyped bc he's Clooney. I thought he was good in the Descendants but not as good as advertised. Oldman was much better. Hardy and Edgerton were better in Warrior!!! Pitt is deserving though, Moneyball was great.

Just because Moneyball was great doesn't mean Pitt was any good in it. I'm one of the biggest Pitt nuthuggers out there but he has no business being a shoe-in for a best actor nod. There was nothing to that roll. Brad Pitt best performances seem to go unnoticed and because they missed they, they nominate him for something else. i.e TCCOBB

Pitt doesn't deserve anything for Moneyball.
Alright I can understand that. Pitt is in the same league as Clooney...it seems anything they do somehow warrants best acting awards. I'm not saying their not deserving but sometimes their a bit overrated based on their megastardom.

Pitt has gotten much much better in past couple of years. Benjamin Button, Tree of Life, Inglorious Basterds, Moneyball. He has been so much more enjoyable than in the past. I just thought he was good as Billy Beane and deserved some recognition for his recent handful of good performances.

....Clooney :facepalm:, he's good but not best actor nom worthy.

People have a large misunderstanding what goes into most of the performances by Pitt and Clooney..... All you have to do is k ow the lines and show up. Somehow the quality of a film is also perceived to be the quality of the acting. In order to properly seer acting you have to strip away the story and watch what the actor actually does from scene to scene

MiracleSleeper wrote:
Why did she bleach her eye brows for the movie? I'm assuming that's how she looked in the book? She looks much perdier when you can see her eye brows lol.
Yes, but you need to see her character in the movie to fully understand it, Lisbeth is not meant to be pretty. They bleached her eyebrows for Fincher's version because that way she looked even more alien.

I like her in both versions, although regular Rooney looks even nicer:

:clap:

m4st4 wrote:
MiracleSleeper wrote: Why did she bleach her eye brows for the movie? I'm assuming that's how she looked in the book? She looks much perdier when you can see her eye brows lol.
Yes, but you need to see her character in the movie to fully understand it, Lisbeth is not meant to be pretty. They bleached her eyebrows for Fincher's version because that way she looked even more alien.

Image isn't working for me, lol.

But yeah, Rooney is definitely a cute girl, I think this forum has made that very clear :lol: . I think if she kept the gothic look, but you could actually see her eye brows... I would probably have a new Hollywood crush haha.

edit: Marla vs Lisabeth: Who wins?

MiracleSleeper wrote:
m4st4 wrote:

Image isn't working for me, lol.

But yeah, Rooney is definitely a cute girl, I think this forum has made that very clear :lol: . I think if she kept the gothic look, but you could actually see her eye brows... I would probably have a new Hollywood crush haha.

edit: Marla vs Lisabeth: Who wins?
Oooooh good question. Worthy of it's own thread. If I ever see a girl like Lisbeth Salander then i'm sorry but your coming home with me. If it was Lisbeth or Marla........ Sorry but i'd go for Marla. And keep her up all night long. :twisted: :clap:

Hmm... For Marla, I'd need rubber gloves. :think:

Wow, talk about missing the point Crony.