The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Forum Pro
http://www.vogue.com/magazine/article/r ... ith-fire/#

Vogue interview with Fincher and Mara+STUNNING PHOTOS of Rooney! :shock:
“And so began an agonizing period for Mara. “It was like, ‘Come in. We need you to do this, we need you to do that.’ That’s all I thought about and all I did for weeks.” She mentions a time Fincher said, “Go out and get really, really drunk and come in the next morning so we can take pictures of you.” He wanted to show Sony that she could look strung out. “And I did it!” says Mara. “Threw up all night!”
𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒕. 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒕 𝑱𝒂𝒘𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒘𝒊𝒎𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒐𝒐𝒍.
- 𝑫𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒔 𝑽𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒖𝒗𝒆

m4st4 wrote:http://www.vogue.com/magazine/article/r ... ith-fire/#

“And so began an agonizing period for Mara. “It was like, ‘Come in. We need you to do this, we need you to do that.’ That’s all I thought about and all I did for weeks.” She mentions a time Fincher said, “Go out and get really, really drunk and come in the next morning so we can take pictures of you.” He wanted to show Sony that she could look strung out. “And I did it!” says Mara. “Threw up all night!”
haha that's hilarious. Imagine being told that.

"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

James wrote:

haha that's hilarious. Imagine being told that.
Brilliant article. Some of the more ambiguous comments get my curiosity peaked, sounds like Fincher changed a few things rather drastically, and given the nonchalant way he describes
the rape scene and others
it makes me really wonder where he might go with this in the last act.

-Vader

Forum Pro
Vader182 wrote:
Brilliant article. Some of the more ambiguous comments get my curiosity peaked, sounds like Fincher changed a few things rather drastically, and given the nonchalant way he describes

-Vader
Could you quote something specific? Cause
rape scene is rape scene
, same as book, you can't really outmatch something that's already brutal, except it's going to be even more visual and, hell, stylish, cause it's Fincher. The changes... I'm not sure which part he (Finch) mentioned.
𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒕. 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒕 𝑱𝒂𝒘𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒘𝒊𝒎𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒐𝒐𝒍.
- 𝑫𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒔 𝑽𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒖𝒗𝒆

m4st4 wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Could you quote something specific? Cause
rape scene is rape scene
, same as book, you can't really outmatch something that's already brutal, except it's going to be even more visual and, hell, stylish, cause it's Fincher. The changes... I'm not sure which part he (Finch) mentioned.
Oh, that wasn't clear, sorry. I meant
that the rape scenes could be considered something of a spoiler to those who aren't somewhat well versed in it, so I was slightly surprised they spoke of them so readily, and to me that may indicate they're taking the narrative in more different directions than we may have realized previously, despite comments that they might.
Just a vibe, really.

-Vader

2400 takes in 4 days? Yeah, that sounds like Fincher.

Forum Pro
Vader182 wrote:Oh, that wasn't clear, sorry. I meant
that the rape scenes could be considered something of a spoiler to those who aren't somewhat well versed in it, so I was slightly surprised they spoke of them so readily, and to me that may indicate they're taking the narrative in more different directions than we may have realized previously, despite comments that they might.
Just a vibe, really.

-Vader
Oh, yeah, I got that sort of vibe too :D I mean, it's David Fincher, Zaillian is in there too... I'd presume they get to 'play' with material but also incorporate elements that lacked in Swedish version (Erika Berger! Wennerstrom! Etc.)
Rukia wrote:

2400 takes in 4 days? Yeah, that sounds like Fincher.
I think that was their inside joke, cause you can clearly see on TSN Blu-Ray, they made exactly 99 takes of that particular scene. So it's definitely 99 takes in 4 days. Why not 100? Ask Fincher. :-D
- 𝑫𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒔 𝑽𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒖𝒗𝒆