The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Visually speaking David Fincher is the greatest director. He also has he greatest music in his films. And greatest actors/performances. And everything else, hence why David Fincher is the greatest director in the world.

James wrote:Visually speaking David Fincher is the greatest director. He also has he greatest music in his films
Mr. Kubrick takes that, I'm afraid.

Mason01 wrote:
James wrote:Visually speaking David Fincher is the greatest director. He also has he greatest music in his films
Mr. Kubrick takes that, I'm afraid.
Image ImageImage

...and black is white and white is black

I thought it was pretty interesting to actually see the metal poster get made. I would definitely like to get my hands on one of those.

Kubrick, Tarkovskiy, Scott, Bergman, Malick, Wright, all are better visually than Fincher....

What I like about Fincher more is his approach. He creates a wonderful and dark atmosphere each time. Knows how to keep you involved with the story and the characters.

As for greatest music... nah. He's far from that. Nor for greatest performances. Nolan is superior to him in both IMO.

David Fincher is amazing but far from being the best "director eva".

RIFA wrote:Kubrick, Tarkovskiy, Scott, Bergman, Malick, Wright, all are better visually than Fincher....

What I like about Fincher more is his approach. He creates a wonderful and dark atmosphere each time. Knows how to keep you involved with the story and the characters.

As for greatest music... nah. He's far from that. Nor for greatest performances. Nolan is superior to him in both IMO.

David Fincher on a segway. Your argument is invalid.

Nolan is better. Just sayin'. :lol:
Don't forget that you're on nolanfans so shut your mouth. :twisted:

James wrote:
RIFA wrote:Kubrick, Tarkovskiy, Scott, Bergman, Malick, Wright, all are better visually than Fincher....

David Fincher on a segway. Your argument is invalid.

or simply

It's an interesting discussion, obviously I put Kubrick at the top of that list, some of Nolan's films push him there too, but honestly, Ridley Scott's visual style is probably second here. It's masterful in every sense of the word. Fincher's amazing though for his unbelievable level of detail and deliberate nature in each and every frame, which is his primary skill as a director imo.

Score sounds fantastically unsettling, rad video, want one of those.

-Vader

Finches is as good. Visual and atmosphere go hand in hand but finchet's eye is unmatched in the industry