True Grit (2010)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Looks great. Hate me if you must, but I think "Burn After Reading" was the Brothers' best film. I didn't like "No Country For Old Men" as much as I anticipated (and based on those rave reviews), but it was still a good movie.

bLaZe wrote:Looks great. Hate me if you must, but I think "Burn After Reading" was the Brothers' best film.
:shock:

so not Fargo? or even the Big Lebowski? wtf

The Coens+Jeff Bridges(The Dude)+Old School Western=I am so there. Besides directing somewhat of a modern western like No Country for Old Men, I'm surprised these brothers haven't directed an old school western until now cause their perfect for it and its all ideas of morality, legacy, honor, revenge, loyalty, celebrity, and all the various themes that are associated with westerns that also get down to the nitty gritty of America. The film will probably be unfairly compared to the original with John Wayne, but the Coens most likely will not use that film as a point of reference as they are trying to remain closer to the book particularly in its spirit.

The film will most likely have more of a bite than the original with Coens always smartly gravitating too material you could see them directing. Top it off with most likely a well casted Hailee Steinfeld, Matt Damon who should be no less than amusing, and Brolin who can play good old fashioned boys and anti-heroes, but also can play scum in his sleep. Oh, and Roger Deakins photography looks gorgeous. Maybe this will be his year to win.

The full trailer is attached to Social Network apparently. Just saw it, it shows a lot more of the film and was really rad. Some sites are saying the full trailer should be online early next week.

UPDATES:

New True Grit teaser poster with a tagline of: "PUNISHMENT comes One way or Another".

And the first Extended Trailer debut today in theaters, will be available online shortly after.
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/10/01/lon ... -theaters/

From what I've seen so far, Coen brothers definitely are trying to stay as close to the source material as possible, meaning that it'll be a hardcore western film reminiscent of 1960s westerns.

the extended trailer was freaking great...whoah@ matt damon's accent...sounds nothing like him...Brolin also sounds like a punk, in a good way though

Sadly my theater wasn't carrying the extended trailer.

i cant wait to see the extended trailer hopefully it will be online soon.

talli wrote:
bLaZe wrote:Looks great. Hate me if you must, but I think "Burn After Reading" was the Brothers' best film.
:shock:

so not Fargo? or even the Big Lebowski? wtf
Haven't seen Big Lebowski yet, and maybe I need to watch Fargo again, but it wasn't exactly a movie I could digest easily.

The Big Lebowski is my favorite film of theirs.