True Grit (2010)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

it was a good movie...i'm not sure if i'd put it in my top 10 for the year. Its definitely not fucking with Fargo, Lebowski, or No Country

Jeff Bridges is hilarious though...genius characterization, can tell he had a lot of fun with that one.

talli wrote:it was a good movie...i'm not sure if i'd put it in my top 10 for the year. Its definitely not fucking with Fargo, Lebowski, or No Country

Jeff Bridges is hilarious though...genius characterization, can tell he had a lot of fun with that one.
how about my boy Matt Damon?

allstarr55js wrote:
talli wrote:it was a good movie...i'm not sure if i'd put it in my top 10 for the year. Its definitely not fucking with Fargo, Lebowski, or No Country

how about my boy Matt Damon?

he was good...his character was sort of creepy at first, and you'll see what i mean. but he redeems himself.....Bill Peppers was more impressive than him though, and in a much smaller part...so I don't expect to see him nominated

i'll say Bridges is the only one who should be nominated from this film

talli wrote: he was good...his character was sort of creepy at first, and you'll see what i mean. but he redeems himself.....Bill Peppers was more impressive than him though, and in a much smaller part...so I don't expect to see him nominated

You mean Barry Pepper?

thrice wrote:
talli wrote: he was good...his character was sort of creepy at first, and you'll see what i mean. but he redeems himself.....Bill Peppers was more impressive than him though, and in a much smaller part...so I don't expect to see him nominated

You mean Barry Pepper?

yeah hahah...woops

i think 3:10 to Yuma (the remake) is still my favorite western to date

I loved the new 3:10. The Good and the Bad is still probably my favorite. Peckinpah made some legit ones too.

The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford was amazing as well.