True Grit (2010)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
James wrote:Roger Deakins on top form as always.

Got a feeling this will go down with No Country and Assassination Of Jesse James for Movies :D
No argument here. :D

As for the Matt vs Leo thing upthread, I like both of them. I think they're both great actors, but I do think DiCaprio's films thus far have resonated more with me than Damon's. However, it looks like next year will feature two potentially great films from both of them: Damon in Steven Soderbergh's CONTAGION (alongside an awesome cast) and DiCaprio in Clint Eastwood's HOOVER.

anyone else here suprised this got a PG-13 rating?

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:anyone else here suprised this got a PG-13 rating?
I think that is pretty atrocious for a Coen Bros Western to be quite frankly.

allstarr55js wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:anyone else here suprised this got a PG-13 rating?
I think that is pretty atrocious for a Coen Bros Western to be quite frankly.
I completely agree. Rated-R seems to their cup of tea. I'll still go see it though, even though it probably won't be as graphic as their other successful movies.

I could care less what it's rated. There great filmmakers and Nolan proved with The Dark Knight you can have a film with dark themes and disturbing scenes and still keep it PG-13. This isn't like a new Die Hard film that pretty much is only worth a damn if Willis is saying fuck every five seconds....

Really tho I was pretty let down with DIe Hard 4 lol
Say Girl

wonderful poster(s)!
{=}

It is kind of surprising that the movie was rated PG-13. But I guess the 1800s didn't have the vulgarity we have now. I'm sure there were more than enough shits and bastards to go around, but I'm not too disappointed in a PG-13 Cohen brothers movie.

In fact, this just helps my argument that this will probably be their highest grossing film. I don't know what it is, but just something about all the trailers makes me feel like this will be their most accessible film, something a lot more than just Cohen fans will want to go out and see. Bridges and Damon are very likeable actors and have a lot of people paying more attention to this movie than what they probably normally would've. Just my opinion though.

Yeah it's stupid to bitch about ratings.
Say Girl