The Irishman (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
That's like saying DiCaprio is better than Brando cuz Brando's dead.

This is going to be interesting. Can't wait to find out about Pacino's role.

micool wrote:DiCaprio > Pacino acting wise clearly

I haven't seen a good Pacino film in years (no I haven't seen Insomnia)

Pacino's last great role I've seen is Heat and he wasn't even the best in it (havent seen the insider either)

DiCaprio has been great and is more of a regular in Scorsese films and would probably fit perfectly in this

just my opinion

Pacino was outstanding in You Dont Know Jack this year

talli wrote: Pacino was outstanding in You Dont Know Jack this year
Yes he was. Btw have you seen Chinese Coffee? I loved what he did there, direction, acting and everything. Maybe it got a biiiit cheesy with the music at some romantic scenes but everything else... made me watch the movie 5 times.

i dont even get micool right now...how are u going to let dicaprio play a character thats meant for pacino? :lol: thats a huge age gap

lmao i dont even know what roles the actors are playing

im just saying

it would be a better movie if you replaced leo with pacino in it

think about it

pesci, de niro, leo in a scorsese film? :o

and I think Leo is clearly a better actor than Pacino now.

you're not going to get michael corleone type of performance from pacino
:problem:

if the role is for an old man and pacino fits...well ok sure

but personally when Pacino's best film was probably a couple years ago and there's a chance you can get Pesci, De Niro and Leo in a Scorsese film :batface:

(btw my fav movie of all time is The Departed so i gotta bias towards Leo/Scorsese connection)

micool wrote:lmao i dont even know what roles the actors are playing

im just saying

it would be a better movie if you replaced leo with pacino in it

think about it

pesci, de niro, leo in a scorsese film? :o

and I think Leo is clearly a better actor than Pacino now.

you're not going to get michael corleone type of performance from pacino
:problem:

if the role is for an old man and pacino fits...well ok sure

but personally when Pacino's best film was probably a couple years ago and there's a chance you can get Pesci, De Niro and Leo in a Scorsese film :batface:

(btw my fav movie of all time is The Departed so i gotta bias towards Leo/Scorsese connection)

Your ignorance is insulting. OF-FUCKIN-COURSE Pacino is gonna play an old man and Dicaprio's gonna play a young one, if either of them play at all. You're saying it like there's really any other options.

And the real options are:
Either Pacino stays...
...or Pacino stays and Leo gets added to the crew for some other role.

If there's some kind of retrospection about the Irishman's past (and I guess De Niro would play the Irishman I dunno) Leo can play him as a young man.

THAT'S IT!

Who said they'll have to choose between them, it doesn't make sense. What's the logic in this. Just because Pacino is retired from the spotlights doesn't mean Dicaprio is a better actor. Dicaprio's just the one with the possibilities and choises, what do you think will happen to him when he gets 70? And why the fuck did you pick Pacino, why didn't you say 'REMOVE PESCI AND ADD DICAPRIO'... Pesci is clearly and HAS clearly never been as good as Pacino or Dicaprio for that matter. So he stays just because he's been in Scorsese movies? What's the logic in that? De Niro makes a lot worse movies than Pacino in the last 15 years, but he stays because it's a Scorsese flick. Right...

I'm not even gonna bother pointing out the real reasons why Pacino is still a better actor than Dicaprio. Except for one. Fuckin experience.

I haven't seen a good Pacino film since Insomnia, but I still have faith that he is a brilliant actor and I think that working with De Niro again (assuming it's a good film, unlike Righteous Kill as far as I've heard) could give him new acting strength again.

Personally,I prefer De Niro but I can't wait for them to be on screen together again.

I'm part Irish myself and I've always loved Martin Scorsese's films about them - they're always ridiculously tough, as they are in real life :).

yo pg tl;dr bro

im not saying leo should take pacino's role at all

im pretty sure most ppl here dont know what roles the movie has

i was just sayin

replace pacino with leo

and you'd have the best movie ever, a movie with leo, de niro, pesci, keitel directed by scorsese

HOLY SHIT!