The Irishman (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
August 9th, 2019, 8:09 am
Well, I’ll be there day one...

Wait, I won’t be. Cause this is Netflix.

So I’ll watch it on TV first, and if it’s good I’ll buy a blu-ray sometimes in the future.
It being Netflix, there won't be a Blu Ray release. Unless they make an exception for Scorsese. None of their films (Original ones) have made it on Blu Ray so far, unless I'm missing one. Some of their shows that aren't made by them do, but it's rare.

STX is distributing in China though, maybe they'll get a home video release over there?

Ace
Netflix Sets November 1 Theatrical Bow For Martin Scorsese-Directed ‘The Irishman:’ 27 Day US & UK Rollout Comes Before Pic Streams For Thanksgiving Holiday
Netflix will give The Irishman a 27-day theatrical window before the film makes its streaming service bow on November 27. Netflix will launch on November 1 in Los Angeles and New York the epic crime drama.

The film will add screens in the U.S. and expand to U.K. theaters on November 8. While the screen counts aren’t set yet, the film will be in theaters in most major U.S. cities by the time it begins streaming on Netflix the day before Thanksgiving. Netflix will promote The Irishman with heavy P&A and will endeavor to hold and even expand its movie screen presence after the film expands to the streaming service.
https://deadline.com/2019/08/the-irishm ... 04994/amp/

Runtime is 3 hours and 30 mins. :shock:

Allstar wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 7:43 pm

Allstar wrote:
bullshit, source?

EDIT: jesus christ this is correct. scorsese taking netflix for everything they got lol

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 7:47 pm
Allstar wrote:
bullshit, source?

EDIT: jesus christ this is correct. scorsese taking netflix for everything they got lol

-Vader
I wouldn’t make that up! lol

I'm sorry that's too long. Longer doesn't always mean better. I love Scorsese, but both the "Silence" and even "Wolf of Wall Street" could of lost 30 mins to their benefit.

"Silence" probably could of lost closer to 50....

Wow.

sigh

May no one get a UTI from holding it in. I believe in all of you.