The Irishman (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Don't misinterpret this as a defense of De Niro, but almost everybody I know has had a boss who has been that bad or worse.

-Vader

Yaaas my country is getting this in theater yaaaasss

Nomis wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 5:18 pm
Yaaas my country is getting this in theater yaaaasss
Do you know if it's released in Belgium? I'm thinking of going to Brussels for a week-end if the film is released there.

I don't know!

It's coming to Hungary as well! Can't believe it!

Allstar wrote:
October 22nd, 2019, 6:44 pm
Martin Scorsese Shoots Down Accusation His Films Lack Female Characters

"That’s not even a valid point," Scorsese told a reporter at the Rome Film Festival
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/10/marti ... 202183425/
Nobody said that. He himself, however, said something entirely different the other day. Just promote the movie, Marty. Unwanted narratives these days.

Marty's response is so ridiculous. Lol

Vader182 wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 10:00 pm
We should not hold Nolan "accountable" for sticking to his creative vision any more than Scorsese or Villenueve or Fincher or Malick or... "hip" filmmakers like Luca Guadagnino, Noah Baumbach, Greta Gerwig, Wes Anderson. More diversity in these movies would be awesome, but the solution isn't to hold a shotgun to them either.

What we should do is financially and vocally support movies made by, or are about, POC and women. Barry Jenkins, Steve McQueen, Jordan Peele, Ryan Coogler, Ava DuVernay, Lynne Ramsay, Justin Lin, Kathryn Bigelow, Chloé Zhao, Claire Dennis, Coralie Fargeat, Jon M. Chu, Lorene Scafaria, the list is long and won't get longer unless we spend money to support their work. That's the answer.

-Vader
He's saying superficially injecting women into stories that aren't about women is pointless. He's not wrong. Stories about women shouldn't superficially inject men either. Stories should be what they require. Again, the solution is more stories about diverse subjects made by a wealth of diverse people. Not that every movie checks an arbitrary checklist of "equality."

-Vader