The Irishman (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
https://www.bfi.org.uk/international-pr ... m-festival
Tricia Tuttle, BFI London Film Festival Director said “What an immense cinephile thrill it is to close the 63rd BFI London Film Festival with the International Premiere of Martin Scorsese’s The Irishman. British Film Institute Fellow Scorsese is one of the true greats of cinema – as both a creator and a tireless champion of preservation and film history – and here he and his creative team have delivered an epic of breathtakingly audacious scale and complexity, exploring relationships of trust and betrayal, regret and remorselessness, which dominated a period of American history. This is a major occasion for film lovers and I cannot wait to share this film with UK audiences.”
Seriously when I read this, I'm even more eager to discover this new piece of art from the Master. No doubt it'll be a new singular and unique film from him and his cinematic masterclass. The trailer is just a trailer.

And I'm confident concerning the De-Aging effects, especially coming from a absolutely talented and one of the most finest director of all time, it'll be refined perfectly.

Especially after what he said about it : https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/marti ... 202145509/

Not to rain on your parade, but it’s literally LFF director, what else would he say?

Jax_Teller wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 2:41 am
@Panapaok: What I'm wondering is how old they're all supposed to be in the trailer, and Pacino is technically supposed to be deaged in the trailer too. It's kinda crazy how I literally couldn't tell if I didn't know about it.
When they first met, Sheeran was 39 and Hoffa 46, I think. And Bufalino in his late fifties. So, in the early stages of the film De Niro's de-aging is the most challenging. They probably won't fixate on the accuracy of their actual ages and just make them look like middle aged guys. And as the film progresses the CGI will become more and more subtle until it's not necessary anymore.

There's no way every single shot will look perfectly seamless but I feel that for the most part it's going to be fine. At least I hope so, lol.

I'm sure it will be impressive. Next step is not having to animate the actors eyes. Maybe from then on even Nolan might want to tap into that ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well, I’ll be there day one...

Wait, I won’t be. Cause this is Netflix.

So I’ll watch it on TV first, and if it’s good I’ll buy a blu-ray sometimes in the future.

lol

There will probably be a few cinemas that screen this simultaneously with Netflix release but yeah, most people will probably see it on TV.

I hope a cinema in Amsterdam will screen it in 4K, I saw Roma there in 4K too. Fantastic experience. Sadly wasn't able to catch it in 70mm though. But I don't think there will be 35mm or 70mm prints of The Irishman... Right? Otherwise that means that cinema might screen it like that

m4st4 wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 11:45 pm
Not to rain on your parade, but it’s literally LFF director, what else would he say?
Yeah I understand, but I want to believe that there is always some sort of sincerity in their statement so...