The Irishman (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
Peace wrote:He really fucking should. This is what the people want to see. I want these legends to make one more great film together.
Absolutely, all of them are 70.... you are right though, the sad truth is there really is not much time left potentially.
God yeah they better hurry or it's going to be set in a nursing home.
Say Girl

The Irishman huh? I think Crazy Eight and myself will be in talks with Scorsese shortly :P :P
Why you lurking my page brah?

Peace wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Absolutely, all of them are 70.... you are right though, the sad truth is there really is not much time left potentially.
God yeah they better hurry or it's going to be set in a nursing home.
:lol: :lol:

God, let this happen.

Silence too.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

Not excited about this

The 4 actors are from another generation and honestly, neither of them delivered a great performance in the 21st century (ok, I havent seen De Niro in SLP)

:tooexcited: I remember hearing about this project years ago but haven't heard anything about it until now. Glad its still in the works.

De Niro in Everybody's Fine and SLP (also I hope Being Flynn will be in there) were the best of his in 21th century. Pacino had Insomnia, Angels in America, You Don't Know Jack (interesting to see him in Phil Spector by Mamet). Pesci only two movie in this century. Keitel unfortunately nothing to catch my eye. Not on their prime yes, but at least in DeNiro and Pacino's case they still can make something great.

When we last heard about Martin Scorsese‘s The Irishman it was said to be next in his queue following Silence, which should begin production late this year. Teaming Pacino with Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci, things look to be on track as the actor confirmed it’s still moving forward in a recent interview with The Daily Beast. While he made no mention of the rumored Harvey Keitel, he did reveal that Boardwalk Empire star Bobby Cannavale (who reportedly took part in a table read of Steve Zaillian’s script last year) is now part of the cast.
http://thefilmstage.com/news/al-pacino- ... -the-cast/

Cannavale is a great addition, love that guy.