The Irishman (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
@Ruth, sorry it's so exhausting to you then. It's just so transparent with today's media culture, this need for clicks, for clickbait. You could ask the same questions to tons of directors and it's useless. Let the directors make the films they want to make and that's it. If something is problematic in their films, fine to call it out but this is just so silly. And yes, exhausting.

Jax_Teller wrote:
October 24th, 2019, 8:27 am
If something is problematic in their films, fine to call it out but this is just so silly.
So do you think it's fine or is it silly? Marty has been simply called out on it and that's it. You said it's fine to call him out on it and that's what people are doing. Nobody wants him to stop making movies because of it. He was called out, he responded and that's it. There are no repercussions surrounding this whole thing so why are you so defensive about this? ... I mean I get why you specifically are this way, you've been overly defensive about this movie since the beginning, but I'm not sure what's so horrible about this whole situation for everyone else.

I end my part by putting this here:

If in a town, one factory happens to hire almost exclusively white people, it's not wise to jump into conclusion. It might have been a coincidence for a variety of reasons.

But if almost all the factories do the same, then it's more than reasonable to question the situation.

Now does that mean every factory owner in that system is racist to the core? No, but the ones that weren't, still saw what was going on around them, closed their eyes and went with the flow.

I'm a white man so I can mostly tell white male stories is utter nonsense. Storytellers search far and wide to create variety in their characters. If you can tell the story of murderous psychopaths and greedy conmans and all the other types of diabolical personalities, who have very little in common with you as a person, surely someone's skin colour suddenly doesn't become an obstacle.

this is literally playing nowhere in my province except for one screening in a kinda shitty indie theater that already sold out

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
October 24th, 2019, 2:13 pm
this is literally playing nowhere in my province except for one screening in a kinda shitty indie theater that already sold out

now you know how i feel ALL THE TIME

well thats what u get for living in antarctica or whatever how about you move to 'MURICA and live in a real city like toronto

freeze my butt off and chill with penguins, or freeze my butt off and watch the irishman? tough choice, actually

still no showtimes in houston