The Irishman (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This already sounds like a classic.

Micool wrote:yo pg tl;dr bro

im not saying leo should take pacino's role at all

im pretty sure most ppl here dont know what roles the movie has

i was just sayin

replace pacino with leo

and you'd have the best movie ever, a movie with leo, de niro, pesci, keitel directed by scorsese

Do you even think before you post?

Have you ever done a casting? Have you ever had to choose between actors and think about all the little specific emotions one's performance can provoke in a viewer?

Not only that you don't know what the roles (let alone their age) are and not only that you don't know for sure whether Dicaprio really will be suitable for a role but you still automatically assign him as appropriate just because his success and popularity in the last 10 years. Why do you think his success and popularity matter that much when you don't even know what the fuck Scorsese has in mind?

On the screen tests for Godfather 1 Coppola knew Pacino should play Michael and Pacino at that time was a NOONE. Paramount didn't want him and they were going to fire him before they saw the material from the scene where he shot Tataglia and McCluscky. After they saw that scene they decided to keep him. Before that - Martin sheen has done a screen test for the role, James Caan too. De Niro who was also a noone at that point has done a screen test for Sonny, but was later cast as Vito, because of a good and proper DIRECTOR's decision (because only he knew what he wanted and what to expect from the actors and the picture... Not to mention how many other actors candidated for roles, even Sinatra and Laurence Olivier were concidered and many more).

Hear that? A good director's decision.

In your case though it's easy to write in a forum, posting rediculous comments about a movie neither of us know anything about, but apparently you know more. You know the story, the roles, the script, you know what the actor's are really capable of and you know what Scorsese wants from this picture, right?

Do you understand now, how stupid you sound?

idk man u sound mad?

my original comment isn't really directed to this film in particular

i was jus saying a movie with leo, pesci, de niro and scorsese would be a better movie than one with pacino

get over it bitch

You really need to keep your posts to 4chan.

throw in dicaprio to this already awesome list of actors & you got a classic on your hands.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

EXCLUSIVE: For my part, Martin Scorsese can’t make enough movies. But he’s trying. Scorsese, who is completing The Wolf Of Wall Street with Leonardo DiCaprio, just held a reading of Steve Zaillian’s script at the Tribeca Film Center for The Irishman, the mob drama based on the Charles Brandt book I Heard You Paint Houses. The film is about mob hit man Frank Sheeran. Robert De Niro, who’ll play the lead character, was there, as was Al Pacino and Joe Pesci, also expected to take part. Project is set up at Paramount, but several financiers were there looking to invest.

I’m told by Scorsese’s camp that this is something Scorsese likes to do to make sure the picture is making proper progress. But they assure me he’s not making The Irishman next. Scorsese’s holding fast to his dream of making Silence the next film he directs. Scorsese, who almost had the Shusaku Endo book project together several times, is auditioning actors and is looking to start production on the film in mid-2014. Given De Niro’s resurgence in Silver Linings Playbook, how can we wait that long to see the actor get back in business with Scorsese?
http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/martin- ... -next-pic/

Allstar wrote:
EXCLUSIVE: For my part, Martin Scorsese can’t make enough movies. But he’s trying. Scorsese, who is completing The Wolf Of Wall Street with Leonardo DiCaprio, just held a reading of Steve Zaillian’s script at the Tribeca Film Center for The Irishman, the mob drama based on the Charles Brandt book I Heard You Paint Houses. The film is about mob hit man Frank Sheeran. Robert De Niro, who’ll play the lead character, was there, as was Al Pacino and Joe Pesci, also expected to take part. Project is set up at Paramount, but several financiers were there looking to invest.

I’m told by Scorsese’s camp that this is something Scorsese likes to do to make sure the picture is making proper progress. But they assure me he’s not making The Irishman next. Scorsese’s holding fast to his dream of making Silence the next film he directs. Scorsese, who almost had the Shusaku Endo book project together several times, is auditioning actors and is looking to start production on the film in mid-2014. Given De Niro’s resurgence in Silver Linings Playbook, how can we wait that long to see the actor get back in business with Scorsese?
http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/martin- ... -next-pic/

I was just thinking about this film the other day. I don't think it will happen. They will die by then.
Say Girl

ugh Scorsese really should make this next.

He really fucking should. This is what the people want to see. I want these legends to make one more great film together.
Say Girl

Peace wrote:He really fucking should. This is what the people want to see. I want these legends to make one more great film together.
Absolutely, all of them are 70.... you are right though, the sad truth is there really is not much time left potentially.