The Irishman (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
atilasantos wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 3:38 pm

Nice cameo. But, this particular scene is the one scene that is really getting shit on by people because of just how "old" DeNiro appears in his physical movements. Why they shot it from the angle they did and how it got into the final cut of the film is bewildering.

Okay so I finally watched it. One sit, no breaks, nothing. Once credits rolled, I just sat in the room with tears in my eyes tbh.

Then I went to reddit’s comment section and astral projected myself into another universe

Putting this into as little words as possible - you have no right to idolize Goodfellas if you can’t take what the Irishman has in store for you.

It’s amazing how many plebs don’t get this movie.

atilasantos wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 3:38 pm

This scene. It looked as if that first kick didnt even make contact. Surprised it made the cut.

That being said have this at third on the year behind Parasite and OUATIH. Third act is some of my favorite Scorsese.

Ruth wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 8:35 pm
Okay so I finally watched it. One sit, no breaks, nothing. Once credits rolled, I just sat in the room with tears in my eyes tbh.

Then I went to reddit’s comment section and astral projected myself into another universe

Putting this into as little words as possible - you have no right to idolize Goodfellas if you can’t take what the Irishman has in store for you.

edit: nice interview with Prieto

About 3.9 million unique US viewers tuned in to watch Martin Scorsese's new Netflix crime drama on its first day on the service, November 27, with an average minute audience - the average number of viewers at any given minute - of 2.6 million viewers, according to Nielsen.

But just 750,000 viewers, or 18%, actually completed the movie on its first day.

That might sound like a low number, but it's on par with Netflix's hit thriller "Bird Box" (18%) and higher than its "Breaking Bad" movie, "El Camino" (11%), which are both two hours long.

According to Nielsen, 17.1 million unique viewers in the US watched "The Irishman" over its first five days, from November 27 to December 1.
Source: Business Insider

Have you guys seen this? It's wonderful
I could watch those guys talking about movies for hours

The best part is Pacino talking about the "computer thing" LOL
Totally worth watching

This was incredible, and for me personally, a necessary corrective to Goodfellas. I have been kind of lukewarm on Scorsese in general but I think The Irishman caps off what I would consider his strongest decade - so far.

I liked it overall, but it was slog to get through. Would have loved this as a multi-parter or even a mini series.

Performances were brilliant. I think I liked Pesci the most.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 12:37 am
This was incredible, and for me personally, a necessary corrective to Goodfellas. I have been kind of lukewarm on Scorsese in general but I think The Irishman caps off what I would consider his strongest decade - so far.
You have been lukewarm on one of the greatest directors of all-time?