Halloween (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Jamie Lee Curtis is returning to play the iconic Laurie Strode in the “Halloween” franchise.

Universal Pictures also set Oct. 19, 2018, as the release what’s calling the final film in the “Halloween” series.
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jamie ... 202560418/

I, for one, am really excited for this film. The creative team seems like a weird fit but they've been saying ALL the right things thus far and I began to trust in their vision. I just hope they'll get a good DP, have practical effects and make the film not only feel like a Halloween film, but also look like one as well.

Yay! I like Michael Myers. #familydrama

I'm going to watch the first film for the first time on Halloween this year lol, got the 35th anniversary blu-ray so it's going to look very nice

I didn't know there was even a human being who hasn't seen the original..

Life is full of surprises.

I only watched the first Halloween at the cinema last year, and I didn't really like it. There was even a point where I had fallen asleep for about 10 minutes, and I rarely fall asleep at the cinemas.

What the hell is going on.

jesus

This shouldn’t be a thing but I’m still glad this is happening. Fingers crossed it’s decent.

After rewatching Season of the Witch for Halloween, I'm really disappointed that they haven't gone the anthology route with Halloween. I think it could have been fantastic instead of making Michael into some unkillable zombie Jason rip-off. I watched both SotW and Trick R Treat and I couldn't stop but think that a new creepy Halloween movie would have been great.

That being said, since this movie completely ignores the sequels, I'm down for Laurie and Michael coming back. At first the reports have said that it included Halloween II but now they say it doesn't - which is BIG deal, because HII was the most influential film on the rest of the franchise's stroytelling. I'd be fine either way. Halloween II was great but the concept of the Shape worked better as a stalker of random babysitters.

I'm just glad the rest of the sequels will be ignored (well, H20 was actually pretty alright)