The Town (2010)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Jackson wrote:It currently has 70% on RT. 10 reviews: Fresh:7 Rotten:3.

Not looking very good.
How is 7-3 not "looking very good"?

CrazyEight wrote:
Jackson wrote:It currently has 70% on RT. 10 reviews: Fresh:7 Rotten:3.

Not looking very good.
How is 7-3 not "looking very good"?
For a start that is bad. Inception's first negative review was after 30 positive ones, and it ended up having an 87% rating. The town already has 3 negative reviews, will probably finish at 55%-65%.

For a start that is bad.
Seven positive reviews and three negative is bad to you?
Inception's first negative review was after 30 positive ones, and it ended up having an 87% rating.
Because Inception is the only other movie on Rotten Tomatoes right? :roll: It may be the first you've actually paid attention to, but plenty of films start off with mediocre reviews and end up with a high percentage and vica-versa. Just because it has a 70% with only ten reviews doesn't mean that the percentage can only decrease...
The town already has 3 negative reviews, will probably finish at 55%-65%.
Riiiiiiight. Because 10 reviews in with 70% is just a failure in the making. It's not like 200 or so critics are left to be added or anything...

Edit: It now sits at 73% with 8 positive, 3 negative.

we'll see. :roll:

Hopefully I'm wrong. I'm not against the film or anything.

You could be right, it may score in 55-65% zone. But I think it's a little too early to call.

Just scored passes for this monday night 8-)

micool wrote:Just scored passes for this monday night 8-)
Awesome! :thumbup: Tell us your thoughts.

the towns hbo first look was awesome!

I think this is one of those films that will get higher in the RT meter even with three early negative reviews. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it will end up being in the 75%-85% range.

There are plenty of films that start off with a few negatives but end up doing decent. At 6 reviews Easy A had a better percentage on RT but you can't tell me that it will have a better RT rating just from the first reviews.
Last edited by PowerDump on September 12th, 2010, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"HEAT MEETS THE DEPARTED"