Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting a creepy Mal-vibe from Root in the previous episode? She's a manipulative bitch, yes, but comes across as somewhat sympathetic at the same time. Textbook femme fatale!

ChrisTilford wrote:Is it just me, or is anyone else getting a creepy Mal-vibe from Root in the previous episode? She's a manipulative bitch, yes, but comes across as somewhat sympathetic at the same time. Textbook femme fatale!
lol Root for president!

I just had a thought about Endgame.
Why'd people assume a hero will die in next episode?

What if no one dies?

Sure the promo says A HERO WILL FALL, but it doesn't mean a will hero die literally.

What if the hero doesn't die, but end up like batman at the end of TDK, or Harvey Dent, or something that doesn't include death.

FALL dosen't mean DEATH.
Took me few days to figure that out. :facepalm:

Havoc1st wrote:I just had a thought about Endgame.

What if no one dies?

Sure the promo says A HERO WILL FALL, but it doesn't mean a will hero die literally.

What if the hero doesn't die, but end up like batman at the end of TDK, or Harvey Dent, or something that doesn't include death.

FALL dosen't mean DEATH.
yeah i really don't think an actual hero is gonna die either. maybe a member of hr finally snaps back into reality and actual saves someone but in the process gets killed ? thats just off the top of my head. or like you said ? have know clue and we won't know the true answer until episode 10.

Hey all, just joined the forums (technically yesterday). I think the first POI episode I saw in full was "One Percent", and at this point in Season 3, I'm completely hooked. But I can barely read comments on the facebook page without my blood pressure going up. This looks much better, and I'm a big fan of the Nolan brothers anyway. :)
Havoc1st wrote:I just had a thought about Endgame.

What if no one dies?

FALL dosen't mean DEATH.
I thought about that, too.
If it is a death, it could be someone Fusco knows. So Shaw saying "I'm sorry Lionel" could be a condolence. The preview (especially the 30-second one) makes it look like Fusco's gonna be killed, but his number is one of 38, so the "Hero" could be one of the others.

5 teases from 'Endgame'
1. One major storyline will finally culminate. As its title suggests, "Person of Interest" deals with the endgame of a major storyline on the show. Take that as you will.

2. Paul Carter makes his debut. Get ready to meet the father of Joss's son, Taylor. "Endgame" features a number of flashbacks into Carter's past, including the introduction of Taylor's father Paul, who is played by Laz Alonso.

3. Carter delivers the best line of Season 3. It's no surprise that Taraji P. Henson's character is totally kick butt, but she delivers one killer line at the end of this episode that is not to be missed. Look forward to it.

4. The Machine is a minor player. Expect "Endgame" to be all about the building confrontation between HR and the Russians, and to not deal with the many questions surrounding the Machine. Similarly, Root is completely absent.

5. There's not a huge cliffhanger ending. So rest easy knowing that the first episode of this three episode arc won't leave you stressing out while waiting the week until episode 9, "The Crossing." That said, you definitely won't want to wait to find out what happens after "Endgame" ends.
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... dgame.html

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: We’re deep into season 3. Anything you can tease us about what’s ahead? Everything’s been under wraps.

MICHAEL EMERSON: On Lost, there was a great deal of secrecy and serious guarding of narrative secrets, and Person of Interest is now in that same zone of madness. We have big changes coming up in the next few weeks, and the scripts contain camouflaging and other security devices, and made up scenes and stuff, all to keep a certain set of secrets. It’s interesting and exciting, but it also feels like we’re a little bit paranoid right now and living in a security state. So stay tuned, because there’s stuff coming down the line that is so big that the producers are very nervous.
*starts perspiring*

Read more - http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/12/perso ... -season-3/

I read someone complaining that there are too many villains/factions in the show.
The show is about (and we are living in) an Information age and these people are complaining about number characters and their respective storylines which are intersecting due to an omniscient machine.

I sometimes suspect that such people are similar to people who complain that it is difficult to keep track of story due to too many characters in LotR or Harry Potter.

Pratham wrote:I read someone complaining that there are too many villains/factions in the show.
The show is about (and we are living in) an Information age and these people are complaining about number characters and their respective storylines which are intersecting due to an omniscient machine.

I sometimes suspect that such people are similar to people who complain that it is difficult to keep track of story due to too many characters in LotR or Harry Potter.
dude season 3 has exposed alot of people for being whiners and complainers. they act like it should e season 1 forever, no new villains, no new protagonist, nothing. they hate vigilance, they hate shaw, they hate root. thats why i don't go to the facebook or imdb page for poi.