CBS' Person of Interest

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
nbacik wrote:Soo, if Sarah does guest spots, i think it's pretty confident to say that she'll be returning to poi, when she'll be summoned. Like 80 percent confident.
Be 100%. Fact of the matter is this: They wouldn't have put flags for her character in MIA & Asylum, if Sarah wasn't game to return somewhere down the line.

ChrisTilford wrote:
nbacik wrote:Soo, if Sarah does guest spots, i think it's pretty confident to say that she'll be returning to poi, when she'll be summoned. Like 80 percent confident.
Be 100%. Fact of the matter is this: They wouldn't have put flags for her character in MIA & Asylum, if Sarah wasn't game to return somewhere down the line.
Well, yep, I guess you're right.

Havoc, ran your theory of the season starting with them captured with a bunch of friends. Kicked off a debate, and here's what we could come up with:
Friend 1: No one could possibly survive being shot at point blank by several assassins. Maybe season 5 starts out with them in the afterlife, but they don't realize its the afterlife at first, it is only revealed later that they are actually all dead.
Friend 2: The entire show is a simulation. The year is 2001, and Machine is examining possible futures. They all end badly. It decides to kill Harold and self-terminate. Maybe the 44th time will be the charm?

Me: Who'll build number 44 if Harold's dead? If Number 43 is just viewing them as simulations... it probably caught the attention of individuals who feel the same way about AI. Root being one of them.

IT REACHED OUT TO HER RIGHT BEFORE SELF-TERMINATION, AFTER HER MOM DIED IN 2002. SHE BUILT IT.

Friend 2: Well, it failed to kill Harold in the 43rd iteration, so Harold builds it. But I like your idea about Root.

Me: So Harold takes two hammers down on Number 43 while the IFT building burns to the ground....
Friend 3: In the 44 iteration the Machine looks for Root, and with Harold, they make an early team with other bunch of nerds they build time Machine, Machine's little baby sister and send Shaw and John to the past to stop Greer's birth.

Me: NO... Greer must be born. That smug grin makes my day!

And it's plausible to assume Root probably didn't go completely dark until her mom died, and she left Texas. So she'd be somewhat level headed, yet so genkified to be a part of this.

In a way, that would make the Machine seem like "Cooper from the fifth dimension" & Root be Murph.
'easypieces1', an IMDB poster, shared this in response to the where the show could go after Samaritan concludes:
How would a rival government handle AI? Would they weaponize it and use it to attack say American (or other) civilians in a terrorist-type war (not Middle Eastern terrorists per se, but for instance Russia or China using AI to challenge Western hegemony)? Would natural disasters or biological warfare be used, creating a constant environment of stress? How about the manipulation of AI to create a mass shooter?

It seems the show will not last past this coming 2016 season, but I would love for it to move to Netflix where they could do 13 or so episodes comparable to House of Cards or Orange is the New Black & explore these types of issues: AI as the new nukes.
Jonah & Greg have often likened the race to build an AI to that of the nuclear weaponry. Keeping with the 'heightened reality' aspect of the show, this stuff playing out on a global scale seems pretty naturalistic, adds to the political science fiction allegory, and seems like a strong arc to be conclude this journey. Very ambitious from a visual perspective as well, as other governments could attempt advanced stuff in their approach to AI in general (possibly anthropomorphizing them in different forms of robotics {androids, humanoids, animatronics, cyborgs, nanobots, to name a few), vehicles, weaponry, and other such things).

Last edited by ChrisTilford on June 23rd, 2015, 12:36 pm, edited 7 times in total.

I just like to that Team Machine gets cornered somehow, and then get captured. And then Greer tries to open the locked case (the one with the RAM in it) but can't. Because he doesn't know the password. lol
Last edited by Havoc1st on June 13th, 2015, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This spoilertv poll. Top 3 episodes for season 4.
http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/usd-po ... son-4.html

How the hell am i suppose to know! It should be top 5.

Fine, i'll choose IF-THEN-ELSE, Asylum and YHWH.

EDIT: The poll results actually shows that the top 3 are IF-THEN-ELSE, Asylum and YHWH (exactly in that order). Coincidence? lol

Havoc1st wrote:This spoilertv poll. Top 3 episodes for season 4.
http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/usd-po ... son-4.html

How the hell am i suppose to know! It should be top 5.

Fine, i'll choose IF-THEN-ELSE, Asylum and YHWH.

EDIT: The poll results actually shows that the top 3 are IF-THEN-ELSE, Asylum and YHWH (exactly in that order). Coincidence? lol
I feel like I'm in the minority putting Terra Incognita in my top 3.
Also, what were your top five episodes:
A) Of S4?
B) Of the series as a whole? (Count two-parters as one entity)
For me personally,
A) If-Then-Else, Terra Incognita, YHWH, Prophets, Asylum
B) Day Zero/God Mode, Endgame/The Crossing/The Devil's Share, Asylum/YHWH, Terra Incognita and of course, If-Then-Else/Control-Alt-Delete/M.I.A.

Havoc1st wrote:I just like to that Team Machine gets cornered somehow, and then get captured. And then Greer tries to open the locked case (the one with the RAM in it) but can't. Because he doesn't know the password. lol
You don't suppose Samaritan could come up with an alternative method to break it open? One of the things that AI's are really good at is finding workarounds to any difficult situation.

For the SpoilerTV poll, I voted If-Then-Else, Prophets, & Asylum.

For multiple aspects, here's how I'd break it down:

1. Meshing mytharcs with standalones:
a. Prophets
b. Lethe/Aletheia
c. Search & Destroy
d. Mors Praematura
e. Trojan Horse

2. Purely mytharc (Talking in terms of multiple eps as they're one long story):
a. The Cold War/If-Then-Else/Control-Alt-Delete/M.I.A.
b. Death Benefit/Beta/A House Divided/Deus Ex Machina
c. Asylum/YHWH
d. Zero Day/God Mode
e. Dead Reckoning/RAM (split)

3. Finest in general:
a. If-Then-Else
b. The Devil's Share
c. Prophets
d. RAM
e. Prisoner's Dilemma/Relevance (split)

Courtesy of "Captain Darkverse".

GeneMod wrote:Also, what were your top five episodes:
A) Of S4?
B) Of the series as a whole? (Count two-parters as one entity)
As of now:
A) If-Then-Else, M.I.A., Asylum/YHWH, Search and Destroy, Wingman
B) Cura Te Ipsum, Firewall, Trojan Horse, Aletheia, If-Then-Else (just chronological)

ChrisTilford wrote:You don't suppose Samaritan could come up with an alternative method to break it open? One of the things that AI's are really good at is finding workarounds to any difficult situation.
What's Samaritan gonna do. Threaten The Machi-

Oh wait.
:lol:

Anyway about the ranking of episodes:

A) IF-THEN-ELSE, Asylum, YHWH, Search and Destory, Prophets
B) Oh i don't know, can't be bother to go through all the episodes in my mind. lol