Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
And guys please forgive my inappropriate usage of those pic and gif.

I'm in a wired state of mind this week. (Damn you CBS)

ChrisTilford wrote:
Havoc1st wrote: I hope it's not the end as well.

But we'll always meet together at Westworld thread righ... Right?
Gene's big on science fiction in general, so his presence is a no-brainer.
Damn right I will be there.
That being said, everybody hold your horses for one second. We ARE getting a fifth season. It IS confirmed. It MAY NOT be the final one. So, while the sentiment is very touching, I think we're all jumping the gun a bit here. I (and all of you, I think) will stick with this show till the rest of the free world runs it into the fucking ground. And that isn't going to happen until this time next year at the earliest. So, I will wait till the turds start flying before biding my farewells. Even then, there is WestWorld...
Oh and Chris, since you liked Banks' "Culture" series, I would recommend Alastair Reynolds' "Poseidon's Children" trilogy to you. Think you'll like it.

GeneMod wrote: Oh and Chris, since you liked Banks' "Culture" series, I would recommend Alastair Reynolds' "Poseidon's Children" trilogy to you. Think you'll like it.
I'm gonna go ahead & shamelessly admit that I haven't read the Culture yet. Gone over some fine points of it, liked it, got e-copies of it, but can't find the time to go over it. The show in general has pushed me to look for more stuff that falls within a similar vein, and so far I've found Culture, Neal Asher's Polity, Asimov's Robot/Empire/Foundation, Daniel Suarez's Daemon/Freedom, Andy Weir's "The Martian", and Ann Leckie's Ancillary series. And there's Colossus & Neuromancer. With no show until mid-season, I can finally go ahead & finish most of this. Already intend to wrap Asimov before Foundation premieres on HBO.

EDIT: Need to finish Philip K. Dick's "The Man in the High Castle" as well. Would make the series viewing a lot more enjoyable.

Thanks for the Reynolds recommendation, Gene. Will look into it as well. To be honest, I spent most of last year going through the Internet Speculative Fiction Database (ISFDB) as well as Fantastic Fiction, to find as much material to read in due time (short stories or novels). The former site's archive has genre stuff listed (fantasy/sci-fi material that were published in pulp magazines) from as early as the 1830s. Most of it cited from the book 'Science-Fiction: The Early Years' by Everett Franklin Bleiler & Richard Bleiler (e-copy preview is available on Google Books). Incredible sites, and gold mine of materials to sort through. Which I eventually look to deep dive into.
Nice artwork from Polity by Jon Sullivan.
Last edited by ChrisTilford on October 21st, 2015, 6:25 am, edited 15 times in total.

ChrisTilford wrote:

I'll be there. Can count on you, Pratham, & Rudy as well, given your frequent postings there as well. Gene's big on science fiction in general, so his presence is a no-brainer. Riddick's one of the few guys I can think of who's a bigger proponent on Jonah's work than I am, so he's set. Whistler & Chase haven't spoken much about Westworld, but can't see why they wouldn't be there too, given how much they love the sci-fi aspects of this show, which will very likely be explored in a much edgier tone there.
Hell yeah!! Already fapping to BTS pics you posted on Westworld thread. :oops: :D ;)
Seeing pic of Jonah as a director was something to behold. :clap: :clap:

I am still somewhat angry Jonah didn't find time to write at least 1 episode, hopefully he will write few in coming season.

During season 3 having 5 seasons felt appropriate even 13 episodes would have worked but after events of Season 4 I think they need more time to wrap things up especially more than 13 episodes.

I hope Netflix or WGN picks this up and heck they launch some sort of spinoff/miniseries just to show middle finger to CBS. I would really love if that happens. :lol:

After such ridiculous bastardization of POI by CBS I really don't want POI to end on CBS and let them gloat on its acclaim (which I am sure it will get for its final season). :evil:

Go Jonah write some crazy stuff and win Emmys for Westworld and even POI if it goes to Netflix or WGN.

riddick-danish wrote:
During season 3 having 5 seasons felt appropriate even 13 episodes would have worked but after events of Season 4 I think they need more time to wrap things up especially more than 13 episodes.

Go Jonah write some crazy stuff and win Emmys for Westworld and even POI if it goes to Netflix or WGN.
I wouldn't necessarily agree. I could see maybe three-four episodes for rebuilding the machine (maybe half the season, so 6-7), the other half being the endgame. I could totally see this working out fine; there is no case-of-the-week sub plot to dispense 45 minutes with, so it's all going to be the main storyline arc. Think of it as 13 episodes in the same style of "If-then-else" --> "M.I.A" (though the latter had a small Dominic sub plot if I remember correctly), or as the "Asylum" --> "YHWH" sans the brotherhood storyline. I don't know about you, but I am game for that. If the writers nail it, Season 5 will be an epic conclusion (if it is that) to a series that has always been ahead of its time.

I just can't stand cbs. i have never liked them for years and years, Person Of Interest is the only thing they have done i watched otherwise i most likely wouldn't be watching their damn network or tv in general. damn this is my big show with 24 being gone but 24 and POI possibly ? man... to cheer up the mood here's a cool picture of my favorite duo, Shoot Lives Forever!

riddick-danish wrote: Hell yeah!! Already fapping to BTS pics you posted on Westworld thread. :oops: :D ;)
THAT'S TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!! :lol:
Given the lack of responses in that thread, felt like I was talking to myself there for quite a while. Been pretty quiet, which is expected as they don't go into production until July.
thedarkshaw wrote: Image
Lovely work, dude! :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:
Last edited by ChrisTilford on May 14th, 2015, 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

ChrisTilford wrote:
riddick-danish wrote: Hell yeah!! Already fapping to BTS pics you posted on Westworld thread. :oops: :D ;)
Given the lack of responses in that thread, felt like I was talking to myself there for quite a while...
thedarkshaw wrote: Image
Lovely work, dude! :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:
I just want root and shaw to get one last moment before anything happens. i need closure on that front ( and trust me im not the only one ). part of me feels like the final moment between those two will be a heartbreaking one i just feel it.

ChrisTilford wrote:

I'll be there. Can count on you, Pratham, & Rudy as well, given your frequent postings there as well. Gene's big on science fiction in general, so his presence is a no-brainer. Riddick's one of the few guys I can think of who's a bigger proponent on Jonah's work than I am, so he's set. Whistler & Chase haven't spoken much about Westworld, but can't see why they wouldn't be there too, given how much they love the sci-fi aspects of this show, which will very likely be explored in a much edgier tone there.
Absolutely.

GeneMod wrote:
riddick-danish wrote:

I wouldn't necessarily agree. I could see maybe three-four episodes for rebuilding the machine (maybe half the season, so 6-7), the other half being the endgame.
I agree with first part. But, endgame in season 5? 22 episodes to wrap up everything? I wanna see rogue Samaritan goddamn it.