Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
GeneMod wrote:That would be really cool, Chris. Kinda hope they do that now. As for what their motivation might be...what if it's just because they can? Or perhaps to see if they can?
It wouldn't be the first time humanity has pushed itself to extremes for that ideal. Good luck with the script by the way.
Also, yes Havoc. The hype is papable in the air.
Folks with a lot more hubris than Finch or Greer? Yeah...

But in honesty, if they were guys who're genuinely trying to make a change (who accepted that their work got pissed away because someone got there first, and that's not gonna deter them), without any flawed morals (like the old man), or a guilty conscience (like Harold), that's kind of fun to explore. Harkens back to what Emerson mentioned about what other character he'd like to play: A more jollier creator of AI.

And if Samaritan ended up corrupting their heuristics before it's destroyed, or they end up going SkyNet by themselves (if they're looking to create conflict like that, not saying these are the only ways to do it), that gives 'em more story to tackle. And they can make it different from how they handled it in Season 4 (and 5).

Plus, if their goal towards creating an Artificial Intelligence is not just about protecting society, but improving multiple walks of life, so we can move forward as a whole, terrific.

In another news: Much like Netflix is doing with Black Mirror, Hulu's gonna do their own science fiction anthology series. Titled Dimension 404.

Was rewatching the NYCC Sizzle Reel, and came across something I didn't notice before:

Emerson as Reese mentions 'It's been almost 2 months, people are dying without us.'

If this is true, even in canon, it could imply B.S.O.D. has scenes that are set 2 months after YHWH when The Machine's preliminarily up, and the timeline goes back & forth covering he immediate aftermath of the Correction, the team's efforts in putting it together, new obstacles, & Fusco's screws turned by IAB. And this non-linearity doesn't need to remain with just this episode alone. It could easily last all the way until The Day The World Went Away. The 2 month thing can be covered with B.S.O.D./SNAFU, as they appear to take place around the same time, and if the former closes with a jump much ahead in time, that shows the destruction of the Subway (which could be the first threat The Machine sees when it's partly reconstituted). The remaining eight, could deal with something more lethal, with multiple timelines.

This narrative worked so effectively both in Damages, & How To Get Away With Murder (binged that recently, and it is really good). If S5 were be framed like this, and given the scale of the story, it is truly inspiring.
Last edited by ChrisTilford on February 20th, 2016, 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

So i opened up Spotify early this morning before going to to sleep. Guess what i found...

Suffice to say, i listened to the whole album. This soundtrack...somehow... subverted my expectations. I ain't even mad. This album has some surprises, some tracks made say "wtf, i did not expect this". This album is almost perfection. Well done Ramin and co. :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

9 hours later, since first listening, I'm now on my second playthrough of this album.

Maybe wrong, but don't recall hearing the closing track, 'Core Code', anytime in the show. Could be OST-exclusive, or it's an upcoming one in Season 5.

There's a typo in the album on Australian iTunes. Instead of "Reese on Ice" it simply states "Reeseon ice."
Nice, guys. Fucking nice one. :facepalm:

More thoughts on the OST:

I found it kinda amusing that the track Deus Ex Machina is the music used at the end of Cold War.

Also, IF-THEN-ELSE is the biggest surprise from the album. I wasn't expecting it to be EDM/electronica etc. I still liked it, as much as i don't like (i'm being polite here) EDM/electronica etc. I'm guessing Ramin was having a lot of fun while composing this track.

And also, I'm glad there's isn't much quirky/fun, and action heavy tracks; but instead focusing on suspense/intensity, and emotion.

Finally, my main criticism: The lack of Vigilance theme is disturbing. :judge: I mean, c'mon, it's only used in Pursuit of Liberty.

Havoc1st wrote:More thoughts on the OST:

I found it kinda amusing that the track Deus Ex Machina is the music used at the end of Cold War.

Also, IF-THEN-ELSE is the biggest surprise from the album. I wasn't expecting it to be EDM/electronica etc. I still liked it, as much as i don't like (i'm being polite here) EDM/electronica etc. I'm guessing Ramin was having a lot of fun while composing this track.

And also, I'm glad there's isn't much quirky/fun, and action heavy tracks; but instead focusing on suspense/intensity, and emotion.

Finally, my main criticism: The lack of Vigilance theme is disturbing. :judge: I mean, c'mon, it's only used in Pursuit of Liberty.
Haven't finished listening yet, half the files got corrupted on download :(. Looking forward to it.

Kinda pissed these two didn't make it in, so I took the liberty.

Some dialogue/SFX traces remain, but to hell with it.

Credit to reddit user: Hexolizer.

Listening to Martine's theme from the Season 3 and 4 soundtrack... Might be my favorite track. it just smells like Martine who was one of my all time favorite POI villains. For anyone that has played an old school survival horror game back in the day called Resident Evil, her theme reminds me of something i would her from those. Just pure despair.