Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ChrisTilford wrote:Is it that from now on, that the title sequence is no longer there? I really like the graphics and all, but I feel it's time that it's not needed anymore. No offense to those who like it (myself one of them), but I think the lack of it will be a testament to the premise's credibility.
In a way, I agree that it's unnecessary because of the premise being established at this point (except for anyone who's really new to it). But it's also good, because it can be altered to suit certain plotlines (e.g. Relevance and the virus). And since so many details are important in POI, it gives a buffer for anyone who tunes in a little late.
Havoc1st wrote:About the cliffhanger.
who thinks it's Vigilance that saves Shaw and others.
I think Vigilance will make another move on Arthur, as Shaw said. Edit: If the way they get out is to be bailed out, I think Vigilance is most likely. I wonder if Decima will be involved, too. There's also Root, but she'd have to get out of the cage first.

TVLINE's Inside scoop
This week’s Person of Interest was incredible. Do you have any spoilers on where we go next with the Control storyline? –Bradley

Careful now, because where the show is heading next involves much more than Control. Or Vigilance.Because in addition to those two shady organizations, another adversary will surface in Episode 12. As EP Jonah Nolan explains with a wicked laugh, “We like things to be as messy as possible!”
:o :o :shock: :shock: :? :?

riddick-danish wrote:TVLINE's Inside scoop
This week’s Person of Interest was incredible. Do you have any spoilers on where we go next with the Control storyline? –Bradley

Careful now, because where the show is heading next involves much more than Control. Or Vigilance.Because in addition to those two shady organizations, another adversary will surface in Episode 12. As EP Jonah Nolan explains with a wicked laugh, “We like things to be as messy as possible!”
:o :o :shock: :shock: :? :?
If it is not a new enemy, the maybe Decima.

Chinese rip-off of POI

antovolk wrote:Chinese rip-off of POI
:o AWESOME FIND. Thanks.

This show is called 'Eye of Heaven' in English, thanks to Google translator. Oh, it is an Hong Kong TV show.
Damn shame it's looks like any generic dramatic Hong Kong TV cop shows. Cops, SWAT teams, shootouts in public places and and the 'never can get shot' main charcter type guy, yup seen it all before in Hong Kong. Still i could be wrong and it could be fun to watch.
I want to go back to Hong kong next year, just for this. :lol:

Watched POI Pilot again. So underrated. I have no idea why people think this episode is 'sleepy'. Just right amount of dramatic tension, action sequences and humor. "Concerned third party" this line never gets old. :lol:

Havoc1st wrote:
This show is called 'Eye of Heaven' in English, thanks to Google translator. Oh, it is an Hong Kong TV show.
Damn shame it's looks like any generic dramatic Hong Kong TV cop shows. Cops, SWAT teams, shootouts in public places and and the 'never can get shot' main charcter type guy, yup seen it all before in Hong Kong. Still i could be wrong and it could be fun to watch.
I want to go back to Hong kong next year, just for this. :lol:

Watched POI Pilot again. So underrated. I have no idea why people think this episode is 'sleepy'. Just right amount of dramatic tension, action sequences and humor. "Concerned third party" this line never gets old. :lol:
And the music, specifically Massive Attack's "Angel" & Ramin's "Listening with a Million Ears". Absolute chills.

Currently racing through Season 2 (up to Ep 19), after seeing Jonah's directorial credit in "Relevance", I thought for a sec... (apologies if this has been brought up)

What if Chris directs an episode? Like a 90-min series finale? But then, CBS/Warner TV would have to pump lots of money into replacing all their digital set-up with good old 35mm film...

antovolk wrote:Currently racing through Season 2 (up to Ep 19), after seeing Jonah's directorial credit in "Relevance", I thought for a sec... (apologies if this has been brought up)

What if Chris directs an episode? Like a 90-min series finale? But then, CBS/Warner TV would have to pump lots of money into replacing all their digital set-up with good old 35mm film...
I have a feeling that somewhere down the line, Chris will helm an episode. Would be a major coup for CBS & the marketing would be insane. Also agree on shooting with 35mm. That reason alone would probably raise budgetary issues, which may not lead to him guest-directing. But if Jonah included a special budget in place just for his bro, so be it.

Scariest thought would be Chris pushing television cinematography forward by shooting on 65mm! (IMAX would be impossible as it wouldn't make much sense for TV, but gives me goosebumps just thinking about it).