Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Anyone ever wonder how Simmons knew to avoid being caught on surveillance by The Machine from the time Quinn was apprehended until Carter was shot? What if he knew about The Machine through Decima? We've never seen him as of late on camera under the Machine's POV, hence we don't know what color box he has been tagged in...

riddick-danish wrote:TVLine's Performer of the Week: Kevin Chapman

http://tvline.com/2013/11/23/kevin-chap ... rformance/

Well deserved! :clap:
Kudos :clap:
Caviezel for next week.
ChrisTilford wrote:Anyone ever wonder how Simmons knew to avoid being caught on surveillance by The Machine from the time Quinn was apprehended until Carter was shot? What if he knew about The Machine through Decima? We've never seen him as of late on camera under the Machine's POV, hence we don't know what color box he has been tagged in...
I don't think Simmons knows about the Machine, I think he is just smart enough to stay off the radar and good enough to know how.

Rudinet wrote:
riddick-danish wrote:TVLine's Performer of the Week: Kevin Chapman

http://tvline.com/2013/11/23/kevin-chap ... rformance/

Well deserved! :clap:
Kudos :clap:
Caviezel for next week.
ChrisTilford wrote:Anyone ever wonder how Simmons knew to avoid being caught on surveillance by The Machine from the time Quinn was apprehended until Carter was shot? What if he knew about The Machine through Decima? We've never seen him as of late on camera under the Machine's POV, hence we don't know what color box he has been tagged in...
I don't think Simmons knows about the Machine, I think he is just smart enough to stay off the radar and good enough to know how.
You maybe right. After all, HR often schedules meetings in places which have little to no surveillance. It is possible, given how long HR has been around, he knows to wade through them. Just felt like tossing every theory out for the sake of thoroughness.

Anybody up for spinoff series? not just changing the city and keep doing the same thing all over again, how about Person of Interest: International, dealing with relevant side of the story and sometimes make them cross paths with our POI group, imagine numbers coming up from Africa, India, Eastern Europe etc.

WGN are set to air episodes of POI from 2015 onward, it would be cool if they order spinoff series to air simultaneously, concept of POI could be kickass on Cable TV.

riddick-danish wrote:Anybody up for spinoff series? not just changing the city and keep doing the same thing all over again, how about Person of Interest: International, dealing with relevant side of the story and sometimes make them cross paths with our POI group, imagine numbers coming up from Africa, India, Eastern Europe etc.

WGN are set to air episodes of POI from 2015 onward, it would be cool if they order spinoff series to air simultaneously, concept of POI could be kickass on Cable TV.
I'm all for it, but don't think Nolan might as he had mentioned that the labors of producing one series by itself is hard as it is. But internationally set Relevant threats is a pretty neat concept & can be explored brilliantly on cable if it's done right.

Do any of you guys think that we may get flashforwards in later seasons? I'm not saying this because of how it was on Lost or anything, but given how non-linear storytelling is a Nolan trademark, it would be neat. Though, given the network they're in, I doubt they'd be allowed to go that way...

riddick-danish wrote:Anybody up for spinoff series? not just changing the city and keep doing the same thing all over again, how about Person of Interest: International, dealing with relevant side of the story and sometimes make them cross paths with our POI group, imagine numbers coming up from Africa, India, Eastern Europe etc.

The only TV series that pulled it off was Buffy/Angel. Both are different in tone and themes explored in one can't even be tried on another. I'd love to get a miniseries for PoI if full blown spin off is not possible.

POI just went up by 0.1 on IMDB. Looks like Carter's death gave it a higher rating. :clap:
Also there is exactly 100 user reviews on IMDB for POI. Weird.