Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ChrisTilford wrote:From the scoring stage of the finale.

Sad music. Yay.

New Noirs.

Another regular cast in David Slack's A.P.B.: Australian Caitlin Stasey (who's recent work is CW's Reign, and whom I remember from over 12 years ago in this teen drama called The Sleepover Club, which was broadcast here as part of a docket in a new youth network. Kate Woods even directed for that show).

I seriously miss Martine. So awesome... RIP Blonde Typhoon.

Going by the current schedule, Limitless'd run their season finale on May 3. And if S5 does retain the old spot, think it's likely to begin, 7 days later (May 10). Still qualifies as spring. And if it runs uninterrupted (or without a 2 part premiere), they'd wrap on August 2.

And if Westworld were to hit HBO by July 3 (as it's likely that S6 of Game of Thrones concludes by June 26), we'd have half the season air when S5's still ongoing. And the week of Return 0, would also have THAT EPISODE with the raunchy casting notice that made its rounds late September 2015 (Vincenzo Natali, who directed 1x04, mentioned the one after his had that particular scene). That one was done by In The Flesh alumni: creator Dominic Mitchell, & director Jonny Campbell. Lisa Joy also shares writing credit on this one.

Or if they're gonna take a break cause of Independence Day, and start on July 10, we'd get 2 installments credited to Jonathan Nolan airing in the same week.

From the Writers Room. '#theend'. It very likely refers to conclusion of post-production... for now.

So this satellite shot is definitely part of the finale, as you can see it on 2 different monitors (probably the point-of-view of the International Space Station or the like). The idea of a cyberpunk space opera doesn't seem all that far fetched now. Maybe the surviving ASI(s) is/are taking one last look at humanity, leaving Earth, & looking to colonize desolate and ravaged planets to improve them. Keeping with the themes of optimism, as in Interstellar.

Long story short: Greer's Pantheon vision is established, but across the universe. Everywhere BUT Earth, because they've realized that humans need to shape & control their destinies.

Not sure where the guys go from here. I don't see them leaving the planet as well, in order to aid these potential intergalactic AI civilizations. Maybe they go back to a state of normalcy for the time being, as it was mentioned that Return 0 could serve as series finale, and an optimistic one, at that. With all these Machines gone, maybe a new wave of Artificial Super Intelligences will crop up from private sectors, foreign governments, or underground movements, that they'll confront if they get a chance to continue the story.

Last edited by ChrisTilford on February 23rd, 2016, 8:24 am, edited 10 times in total.

Oh and i just realized when i listened to it, the track "Till Death Do Us Part" was the tune from the end of that episode... damn it man :cry: :cry: :cry:

Still the greatest POI episode i have ever seen with my own two eyes. Maybe my favorite episode of tv of all time.

Saturn nominations are out. Snubbed.

Can't say I'm surprised, as they count episodes that air after last year's nods are announced, if I'm right. Which in this case, had some 'not good' stuff. Make up for it next year, though.

Jim's done with Post-Production.

Off-topic: Chris Fisher's found his next gig: Syfy's The Magicians. If you've gone over his Twitter stream, you'd see how much he loves that show. Pretty sweet he gets to work on it. He stated that it was a 'great job offer', so he took it, implying it to be a full-time job (producer-director). Dude can't just sit on ass, & expect a miracle post-Season 5, especially since he has a young family. Plus, he did mention that he was gonna start interviewing for new positions in January (like the most of the crew have), so this isn't surprising. Good Luck to him.

And he did say, that if there were to be a Season 6, he'd make time to work on it.

If there's any reason why i'll be glad that there won't be Season 6, it would be because it would stop POI from interfering my Uni studies. I'm already afraid that Season 5 will interfere with my study time.

Uni is serious shit yo.
Not that i'm studying right now.

Fisher also mentioned that 3 of his 5 favorite episodes to direct were in the upcoming season. 6,741 & Return 0 were previously confirmed to be 2 of them. The ones outside of S5 are very likely If-Then-Else, & Prisoner's Dilemma (per his Twitter Q&A earlier this year).

With regards to the last one, think it's SNAFU.