Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
As implausible as it may be, here's another thought: Given both productions are owned by Warner Bros. Jonah could easily tie the universe of this show, with that of Westworld. They both deal with Artificial Intelligence, and since the latter is set in the future, it could very well be in a period that's part of the resulting world left after the war between Samaritan & The new Machine (and anything else which may surface as part of it. Be it from opposing governments, or private corporations).

In all likelihood, it's possible that POI'd end up being a prequel to that show. And if the former were to be axed, and not have a platform to finish their story, Westworld could easily continue to explore their concepts in the form of flashbacks, and connect it to their own mythology. Maybe not in the first season, but down the line. Would be great to do this, unfettered.

For those who follow wrestling, there's a nice parallel that could be drawn to the war between SAM & TM, to that of the ongoing feud between Brock Lesnar & The Undertaker. Taker, like The Machine, was the dominant entity for so many years, and had his greatest possession (his 21-0 winning streak at WrestleMania), stripped away at the hands of Lesnar. Much like what Samaritan has done to the Machine at the end of Season 4. Leaving it a shell of its former self. And given how Michael Emerson's been continually indicating that the new Machine would be more of a warrior than its predecessor, they could have it go the vengeful route much like how Taker has been as of late. And despite its methods, Samaritan's main purpose is to enforce an orderly society, which kinda makes it a Necessary Evil, which could also result in a lot of positivity in the lives of many people, as it did to the folks at Maple (rewarding them as per their talent). Just like Brock, who despite being the most dangerous athlete in the roster, who cares about nothing, is just so wonderfully appreciated by the audience.

Should they choose to go this route with the war, the best part about this comparison is that the fact that are no clear-cut good guys or bad guys, just as it is with the two wrestlers. It's the Old Guard who's trying to hold on to whatever legacy it has & continue going forward by any means necessary, and the New God that is firmly set on re-enforcing its dominance for years to come. Pretty cool dichotomy.

And on another note, John Greer could easily be likened to Brock's advocate, Paul Heyman. John's eloquent soliloquies are right up there with Paul's majestic verbal smackdowns.

Last edited by ChrisTilford on October 16th, 2015, 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

504's called "ShotSeeker".

ChrisTilford wrote:504's called "ShotSeeker".

Well then. Looking forward to this one in particular. Oh and Chris? Did I mention you're such a legend for posting all this stuff; I have no idea how you find half of it.

GeneMod wrote:Well then. Looking forward to this one in particular. Oh and Chris? Did I mention you're such a legend for posting all this stuff; I have no idea how you find half of it.
Thanks man. This one was actually tweeted by the writer of the piece.

If I were to guess, the title could pertain to The Machine looking for an opening to strike back. Or Samaritan knows something's up, and is aiming for a preemptive attack.

Was also mentioned on Facebook about how it could do with guided missiles or gunshot triangulation.

Im seriously curious about this one, what do you think the title is referring too ? i have an idea but i don't want be wrong when typing it lol.

thedarkshaw wrote:Im seriously curious about this one, what do you think the title is referring too ? i have an idea but i don't want be wrong when typing it lol.
remove t

shoseeker

shaw seeker

wow im so clever

I have an idea as well. I'm guessing it's something to do with seeking someone who fired a shot, or got shot.

This is what the friend was referring to, with relation to the title of 504 & gunshot triangulation.
http://www.shotspotter.com

Name's similar, kinda like Blackwater & Silverpool in Nautilus.