Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Favourite line?
For me it was: "Sorry John; places to go, people to kill"

If I had to pick one line, it'd be the nicely-encompassing one from Finch: "There's no way to keep the victim safe if the perpetrator is Samaritan."

I also love these:

"Wanna really blow his mind? Tell him there are two of these things."

"This is merely the mountaintop."

Whistler wrote:

Those two are great as well.
On a side note, I assume the Carter plot from Terra Incognita will be a subplot, right? Either that or it ties in with the finale somehow. My reasoning behind this is the fact that it's a tad late in the season to be doing...well, "fan service" episodes.

GeneMod wrote: On a side note, I assume the Carter plot from Terra Incognita will be a subplot, right? Either that or it ties in with the finale somehow. My reasoning behind this is the fact that it's a tad late in the season to be doing...well, "fan service" episodes.
I'm pretty sure it'll lead into something bigger in future episodes. Maybe Elias' storyline? or future storyline for Season 5?.

Anyway, i'm more interested in what Terney's role is in Terra Incognita . The only relationship i can see between him and Carter is that Carter killed him. Maybe it's got to do with HR?

GeneMod wrote:On a side note, I assume the Carter plot from Terra Incognita will be a subplot, right? Either that or it ties in with the finale somehow. My reasoning behind this is the fact that it's a tad late in the season to be doing...well, "fan service" episodes.
Looks like that'll be the A plot, and might be tied to the present gang war (holding onto my Hic Sunt Leones speculation). I think this episode will be playing off the undercurrent in the past few episodes, that of where Reese is now and where he might be going. It could also give Fusco a more significant part.
Havoc1st wrote:Anyway, i'm more interested in what Terney's role is in Terra Incognita . The only relationship i can see between him and Carter is that Carter killed him. Maybe it's got to do with HR?
He played nice with her until God Mode.

GeneMod wrote:
Whistler wrote:

Those two are great as well.
On a side note, I assume the Carter plot from Terra Incognita will be a subplot, right? Either that or it ties in with the finale somehow. My reasoning behind this is the fact that it's a tad late in the season to be doing...well, "fan service" episodes.
"Right idea, wrong Machine." & "Where does a man hide when a God wants him dead?" were pretty snappy too.

Yes, the Carter plot is most definitely just one subplot, simply because of the fact that if they don't cover more on the main front, they'll have to rush through a lot of material in the final 2 episodes. Don't think it ties to the finale either, just as it was with "In Extremis" (the Fusco coming out party in S2).

Another creepy theory I read in the Superhero Hype forums. Makes a little sense, given the context of her slightly disillusioned demeanor in the newest one.
Before the season started, when Cara Buono was cast, we got a little character bio for Martine saying she had the key to operating in this new world. With the emphasis on bio-tech recently and her slightly robotic movements and dialogue, I'm thinking she may have bio-tech in her.
http://www.rifters.com/crawl/?p=5817
Interesting review of the show as a whole, from prominent sci-fi author Peter Watts.

ChrisTilford wrote: "Right idea, wrong Machine." & "Where does a man hide when a God wants him dead?" were pretty snappy too.

Yes, the Carter plot is most definitely just one subplot, simply because of the fact that if they don't cover more on the main front, they'll have to rush through a lot of material in the final 2 episodes. Don't think it ties to the finale either, just as it was with "In Extremis" (the Fusco coming out party in S2).

Another creepy theory I read in the Superhero Hype forums. Makes a little sense, given the context of her slightly disillusioned demeanor in the newest one.
Before the season started, when Cara Buono was cast, we got a little character bio for Martine saying she had the key to operating in this new world. With the emphasis on bio-tech recently and her slightly robotic movements and dialogue, I'm thinking she may have bio-tech in her.
http://www.rifters.com/crawl/?p=5817
Interesting review of the show as a whole, from prominent sci-fi author Peter Watts.
Interesting review indeed. It's pretty reflective of my opinion toward the show as well.
Sure, I don't think the first two seasons were utter crap, but don't tell me they were "quality television with a deeper meaning." They weren't. Plain and simple. That being said, I don't know what happened in S3, but something did, cause Jesus Christ did the show turn around.
Your opinion?

GeneMod wrote: Interesting review indeed. It's pretty reflective of my opinion toward the show as well.
Sure, I don't think the first two seasons were utter crap, but don't tell me they were "quality television with a deeper meaning." They weren't. Plain and simple. That being said, I don't know what happened in S3, but something did, cause Jesus Christ did the show turn around.
Your opinion?
I don't think it was crap either, as it felt like an extension of Nolan's trilogy, and to a level, almost like a live-action version of the 90s Batman cartoon. The noir nature, and gritty tone at the street level were well executed. To put it short and sweet, it was good fun, and while it's been my favorite show from the beginning, I wouldn't enjoy it if it remained the same today. Especially knowing what Jonathan Nolan's capable of.

I get that Watts was originally disillusioned because of the true potential of the show wasn't realized until they started exploring The Machine as a character, and not a background plot device. I don't blame him for that. Episodes that do focus on it really bring out the best in the show. The fact that he mentioned that human nature has been explored on TV for so many years, and the show's doing the same for an AI (ALONG with its characters), had me grinning so hard. It's a key factor that sets it apart from most of what we see today, and the show definitely deserves plaudits for diving into that.

I always love these Greer and Martine scenes in front of the big ass Samaritan screen however... the most important part about the ending is being ignored. Greer... and his love for the smokes 8-) 8-) 8-)

Remember the days when a scene would end with Greer smirking? I haven't observed this...curious phenomenon in the last few episodes, probably because they haven't been Greer-heavy.