Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ah, get you now, thanks.
On your idea, here's a somewhat fucked up version: The implants were designed to monitor human beings on an electro-chemical level, as you said. So, for mind control, Samaritan trains human beings to do its bidding by sending waves of dopamine through their body every time they achieve its goals. Like the way people train dogs. After all, in the conversation between the two ASIs, Samaritan hinted that it believed human beings should be given structure, implying a total control over the populace. So, why not turn them into a bunch of dopamine addicts ready to do your bidding?

GeneMod wrote:Ah, get you now, thanks.
On your idea, here's a somewhat fucked up version: The implants were designed to monitor human beings on an electro-chemical level, as you said. So, for mind control, Samaritan trains human beings to do its bidding by sending waves of dopamine through their body every time they achieve its goals. Like the way people train dogs. After all, in the conversation between the two ASIs, Samaritan hinted that it believed human beings should be given structure, implying a total control over the populace. So, why not turn them into a bunch of dopamine addicts ready to do your bidding?
That is so delightfully Samaritan! Not to mention a steady flow of revenue it can derive from dopamine distribution that it can utilize for even bigger projects. :D

But the reason I suggested controlling them (akin to brainwashing) is because of some BTS shots of electroshock rooms in the set of Asylum. Worked backwards, and felt that it would do similar stuff in this place first, before trying it elsewhere. Heck, the titular Asylum could very well be set in the same region! Figured that it'd function in a way similar to Lost's "Room 23".

Indeed.
Also, I'm in the middle of binge watching Lost (somehow I missed it while it was airing), so no spoilers please. Really enjoying it thus far, though I hear season 6 raised a few eyebrows...
cc2009

GeneMod wrote:Indeed.
Also, I'm in the middle of binge watching Lost (somehow I missed it while it was airing), so no spoilers please. Really enjoying it thus far, though I hear season 6 raised a few eyebrows...
cc2009
Happy viewing! I'll keep the spoilers down to zero. How far along are you?

Seasons 4 & 5, in particular, are phenomenal. Binged them both in a span of 4 days. Season 6 is good, but I understand why folks have differing opinions about it. Which is what kinda makes it special.

In the middle of Season 1 (just started really), as I have to balance my excessive consumption of visual data with work. Btw those pictures for Asylum were linked here, weren't they? I'll have to go back and find them...

Whistler wrote:Press release for Terra Incognita: http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/person ... terra.html

Looks like they're playing the surprise card there, too, in regard to the guest. Cool to see Terney again as well.
Oh cool. I am actually genuinely excited about this episode.
So is carter in this episode or not? The cheat tweet implied so, but cater's not in the recurring cast list.

Havoc1st wrote:
So is carter in this episode or not? The cheat tweet implied so, but cater's not in the recurring cast list.
True, I didn't really notice the cheat tweet at first. It could be general press release weirdness, e.g. Martine and Gov. Dawson being listed for Blunt.

I think the Carter scenes will only be flashbacks, as someone posted a picture of part of the script somewhere and that's what it implied.