Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Pratham wrote:
riddick-danish wrote:Anybody up for spinoff series? not just changing the city and keep doing the same thing all over again, how about Person of Interest: International, dealing with relevant side of the story and sometimes make them cross paths with our POI group, imagine numbers coming up from Africa, India, Eastern Europe etc.

WGN are set to air episodes of POI from 2015 onward, it would be cool if they order spinoff series to air simultaneously, concept of POI could be kickass on Cable TV.
The only TV series that pulled it off was Buffy/Angel. Both are different in tone and themes explored in one can't even be tried on another. I'd love to get a miniseries for PoI if full blown spin off is not possible.
Yeah a miniseries sounds good. AND POI was 8.3 for a while before it went down to .2 and now it's back up again.
Root, Shaw and Fusco firing side by side in the CTV promo. :D

Rudinet wrote:
Yeah a miniseries sounds good. AND POI was 8.3 for a while before it went down to .2 and now it's back up again.
Root, Shaw and Fusco firing side by side in the CTV promo. :D
Still keeping hope for spin off series but first lets hope the ratings don't fall drastically after what happened last episode, fingers crossed.

Viral Newspaper: 2 days after shooting, Manhunt continues.
In an exclusive first look at the new episode, courtesy of Zap2it, a newspaper reveals that the NYPD is after the ever-elusive HR member as well. According to CBS, the newspaper will feature a big role in the upcoming episode.

Hands down best written episode of POI, the writing was on just another level, all the flashbacks brilliant and both opening and ending were brilliant, justice done and like they said in Shaw's flashbacks there is difference between "fixing" and "healing", glad they didn't went full revenge and didn't ruined Reese's character. Surpasses Prisoners Dilemma for me. :clap:

riddick-danish wrote:Hands down best written episode of POI, the writing was on just another level, all the flashbacks brilliant and both opening and ending were brilliant, justice done and like they said in Shaw's flashbacks there is difference between "fixing" and "healing", glad they didn't went full revenge and didn't ruined Reese's character. Surpasses Prisoners Dilemma for me. :clap:
This. The first 5 minutes were just beautiful :clap: :clap: .

Shaw's flashback was my favorite. So powerful.
And the twist towards the end.
You think it'll be Elias who kills Simmons, but it was actually Scarface. Brilliantly done.
It may lack the intensity and emotion of episode 9, but makes up for it for it's beautiful writing.

10 episodes in a row without a happy ending. Why?! :(

I love the way the flashbacks were done in this episode. i've never seen them done like that, where in responses to the dark situation, every character had one. it was really designed to show how every character dealt with the a point in their life where they themselves felt some sort of guilt for the loss of life on their watch and coming to terms with it. the actions scenes were amazing, a huge throw back to some of the season 1 action sets. reese vs the swat team was a highlight reel. this episode felt like the dark knight rises of the endgame trilogy. the city lost the one true hero that deserved, and shows how not only the main hero characters deal with that grief, but the city as well as shown by the newspaper and magazine articles. im going to have to agree with the guy two spots above me and like last weeks episode, which I gave a 10/10, this weeks trilogy ender also gets a 10/10 and for me is the best poi episode to date. i think the trilogy has been groundbreaking for the shows reputation and may be the three best poi episodes ever written, i call it the dark knight trilogy of POI.

Episode 8- Awesome.

Episode 9- Amazing.

Episode 10- Amazingly beautiful.

Gonna have to watch the first 5 minutes of Episode 10 on repeat.

We will have to wait for 3 weeks for episode 11.

Meanwhile Season 3 episode 1 starts tomorrow here in Australia. Lucky me. :lol:

Havoc1st wrote:Episode 8- Awesome.

Episode 9- Amazing.

Episode 10- Amazingly beautiful.

Gonna have to watch the first 5 minutes of Episode 10 on repeat.

We will have to wait for 3 weeks for episode 11.

Meanwhile Season 3 episode 1 starts tomorrow here in Australia. Lucky me. :lol:
The Dark Knight Trilogy of Person of interest

Pretty spectacular episodes these last few weeks :clap:

All of the drama aside,
Lionel learning about the origin of his name was the funniest moment of the series to date for me.

I agree that the writing this time was on another level. They did so many brilliant things in this episode. The intro communicated everything with no dialogue. And I didn't realize at first that the first and last shots were bookends! The flashbacks were great -- I especially love how skull-like Reese looked in that lighting. And when it seemed like Fusco would be mostly comic relief, he shifted to the foreground again. This episode is a strong showcase for how well all of these characters are juggled. :clap:
thedarkshaw wrote:this episode felt like the dark knight rises of the endgame trilogy. the city lost the one true hero that deserved, and shows how not only the main hero characters deal with that grief, but the city as well as shown by the newspaper and magazine articles.
It was also similar to TDK, in how far Reese was willing to go. What reminded me most of TDK was
the part about Reese dropping that guy from the roof to break his legs.
Havoc1st wrote:It may lack the intensity and emotion of episode 9, but makes up for it for it's beautiful writing.
I think the intensity was still pretty high, just in a different way.

The first 4 minutes...perfection, hands down the best thing POI has done so far in it's run. That sequence was up there with the very best of shows. The episode itself was pretty great, the performances, direction, writing, cinematography, lighting, the action were all stellar.

Quinn manged to remain as slimy as ever, JC was fantastic in those scenes.
Sad to see Simmons go, he was a great villain. And the Elias scene was chilling, I'm so glad he came back to avenge Carter.