Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
With any luck Jonah will pull an Aaron Sorkin and write every episode entirely by himself. Still this looks far more interesting than most other crime dramas on tv.

theweatherman wrote:With any luck Jonah will pull an Aaron Sorkin and write every episode entirely by himself. Still this looks far more interesting than most other crime dramas on tv.
:clap:

You know these morons who dig all of the over-dramatized science in shows like CSI are going to dig this big brother crap in this show. Gotta hook in the folks who fancy themselves smart.

Personally I am much more attracted to NBC's new show AWAKE. That concept feels a bit more Nolan/Abrams than this, which is odd. However, I could see AWAKE getting cancelled before this.

Im losing faith in Network tv, the final straw was when Fox cancelled the Chicago Code. I have little faith that this one can last much longer, they'll probably just replace it with a new CSI or something.

theweatherman wrote:With any luck Jonah will pull an Aaron Sorkin and write every episode entirely by himself. Still this looks far more interesting than most other crime dramas on tv.
It's not like Jonah has a lot of work on his plate, so I hope so.

chee wrote:
Robin wrote:Obviously I hope there is some interestig stuff in there, but the premise for this doesn't excite me at all. The Minority Report inspired plot "prevent crimes before they happen" and the ideas of governmental/corporate surveillance seems a bit done by now. And the super pro ex-CIA hitman thing... Seriously, we don't get anything more creative than this?

We just have to wait and see, but so far it seems a bit to generic for my taste.
It does seem a bit generic. I only have high hopes for this because Jonah is working on it.
I don't think it's entirely his fault. It's alot harder to be original on network tv than in films (especially compared to Chris' free reign). My guess is the banality comes from CBS trying to make it appealing to the widest audience.

DHOPW42 wrote:
filmfanatic wrote:Busy year for us...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV1vPuVR ... r_embedded
FUCK, I can't watch it because I live on another planet or I don't know... :( :evil: :cry:

I can't believe that in 2011 I can't watch something on the Internet...
Of course you can! It just takes a little ingenuity ;) http://hotspotshield.com/

For the record it's just the same preview from a few pages back.

solo2001 wrote:
DHOPW42 wrote:
FUCK, I can't watch it because I live on another planet or I don't know... :( :evil: :cry:

I can't believe that in 2011 I can't watch something on the Internet...
Of course you can! It just takes a little ingenuity ;) http://hotspotshield.com/

For the record it's just the same preview from a few pages back.
Didn't realize Teddy had posted it, my apologies.