Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Since we know the opening of B.S.O.D. is a message from the Machine, and she says "it's over", does this mean
she survives?
thedarkshaw wrote:Of course the shootout sequence in the street with them talking things over ( which was also funny as it was important and serious ). I think we can all agree... SYMPHONY!!! :lol:

I feel in these two scenes they showed how much they care about each other but in a way only Root and Shaw can. It felt like closure for them in their final moments seeing the other alive before Roots end down the line. So while i understand that there has been crazy LGBT killing sprees on tv and im not saying its right... i just think Root and Shaw aren't in the conversation and were beautifully built and handled till the very end with a sense of closure.
Sadly, they are in the conversation, but I think that's only if one is painting in broad strokes. And yeah, I think the symphony part is important for both of them: Root having made peace with the situation, and basically making a point about free will to Shaw.
sebal24 wrote:We saw in the intro that Fusco is now with yellow box.

What about...
Root? How would she look like?
"I don't know yet. But I can't wait to find out."

Whistler wrote:Since we know the opening of B.S.O.D. is a message from the Machine, and she says "it's over", does this mean
she survives?
thedarkshaw wrote:Of course the shootout sequence in the street with them talking things over ( which was also funny as it was important and serious ). I think we can all agree... SYMPHONY!!! :lol:

I feel in these two scenes they showed how much they care about each other but in a way only Root and Shaw can. It felt like closure for them in their final moments seeing the other alive before Roots end down the line. So while i understand that there has been crazy LGBT killing sprees on tv and im not saying its right... i just think Root and Shaw aren't in the conversation and were beautifully built and handled till the very end with a sense of closure.
Sadly, they are in the conversation, but I think that's only if one is painting in broad strokes. And yeah, I think the symphony part is important for both of them: Root having made peace with the situation, and basically making a point about free will to Shaw.
sebal24 wrote:We saw in the intro that Fusco is now with yellow box.

What about...
Root? How would she look like?
"I don't know yet. But I can't wait to find out."
I guess i don't really see in a "Broad Strokes" type way. I feel like that were masterfully handled from their first interaction in Relevance ( seems so long ago ), all the way to their final scenes in The Day The World Went Away. Deep down they care about each other but the thing that makes this relationship more unique then others on tv is it feels different then the norm. The never had to say things like i love you or anything. They say things that are batshit crazy and funny but have a certain meaning to both of them, its like they are they're own human language lol. As great the writing was for them through the years we should give ultimate credit also to Amy and Sarah themselves, two actresses who both played their individual characters to perfection and having them come together in a strange but kick ass dynamic with their chemistry just clicked.

They shall always be The 4 Alarm Fire In An Oil Refinery 8-) :clap:

This is it. The final press release. Promotional shots got added as well.
"return 0" – Finch, Reese, Fusco and Shaw embark on one last mission to prevent Samaritan from destroying The Machine and cementing its hold over mankind, on the series finale of PERSON OF INTEREST, Tuesday, June 21 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

RECURRING CAST:

John Doman (Sen. Garrison)
Josh Close (Jeff Blackwell)

GUEST STARRING:

Amy Tribbey (Reese’s Mother)
Jack Davis (Little Reese)

WRITTEN BY: Executive Producers Jonathan Nolan and Denise Thé

ChrisTilford wrote:This is it. The final press release. Promotional shots got added as well.
"return 0" – Finch, Reese, Fusco and Shaw embark on one last mission to prevent Samaritan from destroying The Machine and cementing its hold over mankind, on the series finale of PERSON OF INTEREST, Tuesday, June 21 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

RECURRING CAST:

GUEST STARRING:

I will cherish this picture like diamond. Root being gone from the family... :cry: :cry: :cry:

ChrisTilford wrote:This is it. The final press release. Promotional shots got added as well.

RECURRING CAST:

GUEST STARRING:

No Greer?

Havoc1st wrote:

RECURRING CAST:

GUEST STARRING:

No Greer?
Maybe Harold whacks his ass somehow before the finale ( given Roots death has snapped him ). Maybe Samaritan eliminates him for some reason we don't know or maybe he has outlived his usefulness.

'mark19667', an IMDB poster, shared this pertaining to Finch's medical condition.

Chris Fisher shared a couple of shots in tribute to the rockstar.
Thank you Amy Acker for making Root so powerful, important, and beloved...
Goodnight sweet princess... #badcodejustmeansyoureperfect

Given this latest development in 5x10, got me thinking on another front.

The Machine's narration in the opening scene of B.S.O.D.. Can't help wondering that it is directed to a new ASI at its infancy, which is the byproduct of the two opposing codes of both Machines that Finch was running in the Faraday Cage. Jonah did mention he prefers the concept of an Ecosystem; where one AI begets another, rather than a Singularity. This could be it. The parent preparing its child, to begin its journey in life. Alongside it. Maybe a bit off (or knowing me, really off).

Another friend suggested 'The Machine Root telling the other Machine "simulations" who they are. Giving them memories.' Even if everyone dies, which they might, they all live internally within this Artificial Intelligence. Everybody transcended, into some kind of a cybernetic afterlife. Much like the flash-sideways world on Lost, and an extension of the simulations shown in If-Then-Else.

Going back to the rooftop scene in return 0. Fisher's noir indicated Amy being there along with Michael & Jim. Even if she was present to do the lines of The Machine, they'd push hard for misdirection by having her be in full-attire (and not casual wear), to prevent spoiler leaks (much like Christopher Nolan did, for Bruce Wayne's funeral in Rises). Or, given The Machine's potentially new capabilities (which Root may've hard-coded into it, the extent of which we don't know of), it can project holograms from electronic devices, like security cameras. And thus, she digitally relays herself, in Root's image, to talk Harold out of losing himself or something. Or a final goodbye of sorts, if he is indeed dying. My head literally hurts just thinking about it.
Jack Davis, the kid who played Young Reese, even posted a shot of him & Amy from the cemetery. There was even a video of her being there when that scene was shot. So is The Machine like The Spectre (Jim Corrigan/Hal Jordan/Crispus Allen) or (better comparison) The Phantom Stranger, helping people relive past memories, before they actually die (or whatever the cause)? It appears that she's even got the same wardrobe in both scenes. Make what you can with that.

Think in the finale, we'd get to see Shaw in God Mode, with Root's voice guiding her. The stuff just writes itself, doesn't it? And if it's just her & Fusco who survive, think they'll continue the mission with Logan Pierce, Harper Rose, Joey Durban, & other possible ex-numbers The Machine enlisted to further Reese, Finch, Carter, & Root's legacy.

Kevin Chapman shared this a few hours ago. 'A phone for the 5 of us! Long live the Pay phone! #riproot'

Made some cut from 5x10, masterpiece by Ramin Djawadi & Brandon Campbell.
[/youtube]

A great imdb post of fans remembering Roots greatest moments. Lots of great post ( i myself posted ). Don't be afraid to share some yourself: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/boa ... /257902723

:D

The part where John finds out about Root and looks at Sameen. You can tell deep inside Sameen was broken about it but on the outside she was just numb as hell by her face.