Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Havoc1st wrote: Anyway, i wish there would be an episode mainly focusing on Greer (i know it's not gonna happen). He's such a lovable asshole. Also, he speaks the truth.
Probably would've been assured of one, if it was an extended season. I suppose it could be clubbed with the potential Samaritan-centric episode, which maybe there this year. Or it could be the piece before the one where he eventually bites it (like how it was for Peter Collier through A House Divided). Might telegraph this event, which is the only problem.

Sad thing is they could've already done it in Season 4 during the lull phase, between Q&A & Skip. In Karma's spot, preferably. That's one which accomplished nothing.

Man, i think my father is enjoying S3 a bit too much. He's even going through all the special features! Not even i would do that. lol.

Anyway, Varese Sarabande is selling a bundle, which includes all three OST, until FEB 11 (releases on FEB 12).

Images of the set being cleared out. Courtesy of a fellow Facebook-er who was present.

From the scoring stage for .exe. Courtesy of Brandon Campbell.

Chris Fisher was cool enough to do a Q&A on Twitter today. Shared a bunch of fun stuff from the past & the upcoming run.

1. Favorites of the entire show: Relevance, If-Then-Else, Terra Incognita, Prisoner's Dilemma, 6,741, and Return 0.

2. 6,741, & Return 0 are the 2 favorite things he's ever directed. This is coming from a man who helmed If-Then-Else.

3. Favorite scenes to shoot of everything that's aired: Interrogation ones in Prisoner's Dilemma. The sets were built, perfectly matching his storyboards.

4. The Finch/Root scene in Return 0 which he called the best thing he directed, is apparently set on a rooftop.

5. Hardest scene to film (of what's aired): The car crash with Dominic/Elias in YHWH. 4 AM in the middle of a blizzard.

6. He actually used Welcome to the Machine in the director's cut for Prisoner's Dilemma. Was replaced with Eminence Front by the bossmen.

7. Part of Season 5's about 'What does it mean to be "human"?' Makes me wonder if Civil Twilight's 'Human' will be used in the finale.

8. Arri Alexa's been the main camera for the entire run. This year's more prime lenses/handheld. Jonah did quip at Larry King Now in April 2014 that the show's gone from science fiction to documentary. Fitting that they've embraced a lot of the latter filming technique.

9. The Weisscam, that was used for the uber slow-mo stuff in If-Then-Else (shoots upto 4000 frames per second) wasn't used this year, but they experimented a lot with lenses/frame rates/points-of-view.

10. EVERYBODY cracked up on the day they filmed the scene with Amy in the Bear suit in The Cold War.

11. With regards to what is the ultimate scene he'd want to direct, revealed that he already did with 6,741.
Last edited by ChrisTilford on February 4th, 2016, 4:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

ChrisTilford wrote:Chris Fisher was cool enough to do a Q&A on Twitter today. Shared a bunch of fun stuff from the past & the upcoming run.

1. Favorites of the entire show: Relevance, If-Then-Else, Terra Incognita, Prisoner's Dilemma, 6,741, and Return 0.

2. 6,741, & Return 0 are the 2 favorite things he's ever directed. This is coming from a man who helmed If-Then-Else.
Hyped for those two episode.
ChrisTilford wrote:4. The Finch/Root scene in Return 0 which he called the best thing he directed, is apparently set on a rooftop.
I guessing shit's about to go down.
I'm guessing Root shoots Finch or vice-versa after arguing.
ChrisTilford wrote:10. EVERYBODY cracked up on the day they filmed the scene with Amy in the Bear suit in The Cold War.
I still find that part creepy.

The Weisscam bit may've revealed something. They used it for the opening credits for S3 & S4, if I'm right. Debuted in God Mode, if I heard Jonah & Richard J. Lewis correctly in the DVD commentary (utilized for MPOV shots that're taken from inside cars).

If it was not touched this year, does that mean there's no title sequence? To be honest, I'm cool with it if they just use the show's title card (like in the Pilot, The Contingency, Bad Code, Lethe, Aletheia, Deus Ex Machina, Panopticon, The Devil You Know, M.I.A., Terra Incognita, and even partially in /, & Control-Alt-Delete) or the no-intros (a la God Mode, The Devil's Share, Beta, & A House Divided).

Sure, the lack of it takes away the joy of fucking around with it for special ones (Relevance, Zero Day, RAM, /, Control-Alt-Delete) but it's an acceptable loss. Go with simpler titles, and crank up the voltage with everything else in the storytelling. Very much like how it was with Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (the crew credits displayed in a standard black background, following the teaser, though that was due to the fact they ran of time, & couldn't do it any other way). As a matter of fact, be cool if the card for every piece in S5, reflects the theme of the episode. Like the power-glitched one in YHWH. Another strong illustration of this, is ABC's Once Upon A Time, which has a different card in every single one, with some mystical motifs.

For example: Truth Be Told can have one with a black bagged prisoner in solitary confinement at a CIA facility, with the show's title & the 'Created by Jonathan Nolan' credit in the foreground. A ham radio map for QSO. Or a shot of the Washington D.C. skyline/major city landmarks for Synecdoche, as the episode's set partially in the Capital. And if things've completely gone to hell in The Day The World Went Away, a wrecked shot of either New York City or the Subway should suffice. Like how it was after Bane blew up most of Gotham in The Dark Knight Rises. In a way, these cards evoke a feel of classic noir. Something that worked beautifully in almost every episode of Batman: The Animated Series. The show's producer, Eric Radomski, personally designed them.

This technique perfectly plays into Chris Fisher's love for Film Noir. And it'll give the audience a shitload of wallpaper choices.

But, if they're hell bent on a having one like the seasons past, prefer it if it's done after The Machine's backup to full capacity, and the sequence alternates between its potentially new interface (or if it retains the old one), with the one of Samaritan's, and display key operatives from both parties. Like the Red/Blue intros for Fringe, when an episode's set in both the regular & the alternate universe. And if you want to fuck around with that, even better.

Also, now I'm tempted to mix Welcome to the Machine with Reese's exit of Rikers, and Fusco's Akimbo shootout with the Armenians.

Found this on another forum. Someone misconstrued 6,741 as number of days, than hours. That equates to a little over 18 years. Implies a dystopian future with a war fought between Gabriel Hayward, Genrika Zhirova, & Julia Control!

Read this posted there, too. With respect to which regular could die. Spoiler tagged to save space.
Unless Root dies then, and the Machine uses her as an avatar. Amy still has a job, but she'll play someone different.
They did have Root wax lyrical about transcending this existence when she was in the mental institute. I would say that would eventually be her end, the Machine downloading a neural map of her brain and using it as a template for an avatar.
It doesn't have to be right now. Like Dominic keeps saying, 'we all die in the end'. The Machine however is functionally immortal. Whose to say that she doesn't want to preserve important people like Root or Finch in some sense. OFC that is where we start getting into murky ground as to what constitutes consciousness. Is it in our brain, or something more like a soul? If it's just our brain than the Machine could conceivable just download a copy of our brain pattern, to keep forever an ever.
Why was Root at Reese's dad's funeral (assuming that is, his funeral)? There's obviously some kind of simulation shenanigans going on. We know that the Machine provides Root info via audio means, but is that gonna be upgraded to visual as well? Are they actually going to visualize Root observing the flashbacks now, instead of the Machine just relaying things via audio?

The other option is that the Machine finally actualizes itself as an actual image/avatar, and chooses Root to do that. The only way that would happen though, is if Root was dead.
I'm actually intrigued by the suggestion that The Machine might be glitching, leading to a melding of past and present somehow. We saw in the teaser trailer for S5 that The Machine is having some problems getting up and running again; I hadn't even considered that Root and Finch might not be able to iron out all the bugs, but what if one of the challenges the team has to deal with this year is a somewhat glitchy Machine? That could be really interesting.
Yeah true. Like a person with a head injury has glitches in their memory, or they can get confused. The Machine basically got wiped and has to be rebuilt. There will definitely be problems getting it working the same way again.
We have read plenty of fics about characters getting their memories wiped out. It's going to be pretty interesting if this time an AI will have that kind of problem too. Plus I feel like there's going to be parallels between the Machine and Shaw getting their memories wiped out and what would become of them in S5.
Thought I lost this. Didn't realize I'd taken precautions. :D

Last edited by ChrisTilford on March 7th, 2016, 10:39 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Sorry if this is posted before but this from 'Person of Interest - Fanpage' on Facebook is interesting:
!!! *** BREAKING NEWS *** !!!!
THIS IS SUCH GOOD NEWS
For More: Person of Interest - Fanpage
Reminder: Season 5 of POI will air THIS SPRING! Season 6 is not cancelled so far. See: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/12/ ... f-interest

This particular item hasn't been posted, but Jonah & Greg did mention at SDCC that they intend to 'drop the mic' after these 13 episodes, and hopefully get to pick it up again. This finale is pretty much written as a conclusion for the show, if it's indeed the end.

Throughout the Q&A, Chris Fisher referred to 5x13 as 'the finale', and not with its title, 'Return 0'. Not sure if it implies that it ended up being altered between then and now.
Last edited by ChrisTilford on February 4th, 2016, 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

@Ericmase post

JossCarterIsEternal is so cynical. lol. Anyway, i'm glad Chris Fisher wrote those posts even if it's false sense of security.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, i'm planning to try to make another video while only using S4 footage. Any ideas, from you guys, would be useful (ideas that doesn't include dialogues).