The Dark Tower (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Oku

There have been very few star material actors who have been wasted away by Hollywood the same way that Elba has been. A terrible shame.£

Star material? lol

Nomis wrote:Star material? lol
He's hot and he's a camera magnet so yes, pretty much a star material actor.£

Only impressive acting work was in The Wire, which was quite a while ago. I have only seen one episode of Luther and that was okay, nothing to write home about.

His work in Jungle Book was terrible btw but then again, that was only his voice lol

Nomis wrote:Only impressive acting work was in The Wire, which was quite a while ago. I have only seen one episode of Luther and that was okay, nothing to write home about.
what

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nomis wrote:Only impressive acting work was in The Wire, which was quite a while ago. I have only seen one episode of Luther and that was okay, nothing to write home about.

His work in Jungle Book was terrible btw but then again, that was only his voice lol
Well if you want to talk about his acting qualities, have you seen Mandela or Beasts of No Nation? I think Elba was deserving of the golden statue for Beasts, either him or Hardy that year.£

Yeah I've seen Beasts of No Nation, don't get the fuss about his performance or that film. While I really dig Fukunaga's Sin Nombre and True Detective. Would you recommend his Jane Eyre btw?

I don't like his Jane Eyre at all. It's a half assed adaptation and I'm a huge fan of the novel. Best version is the BBC's mini series by far. But don't take my advice, I'm in the minority about that.£