THE 83RD ACADEMY AWARDS: 2011

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
All discussions/comments and opinions will be posted here on this thread regarding The 83rd Annual Academy Awards. List of films in my opinion are listed below.

1- The Tree Of Life - Directed by Terrence Mallick - (If the film releases this year)
2- True Grit - Directed by Coen Brotthers
3- Hereafter - Directed by Clint Eastwood.
4- 127 Hours - Directed by Dany Boyle
5- The Social Network - Directed by David Fincher
6- Black Swan - Directed by Darren Aronofsky
7- London Boulevard - Directed by William Monahan
8- The Way Back - Directed by Peter Weir - Releasing on January 2011 - (Possible chance)
9- Buried - Directed by Rodrigo Cortes
10- Inception: Directed by Christopher Nolan
11- The Tourist - Directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck

How can you choose which films you think should be nominated when you haven't seen 90% of the movies you just listed?

What about Toy Story 3? :ugeek:

Toy Story 3 will definitely get a best picture nom if the rest of the year sucks.

Toy Story 3 and Inception is a 100% lock. No doubt.
@sammyjankis88

These are the list of films that possibly get the nominations and they could win. It is an opinion and so far these are the list of the films from award winning and well known filmmakers and writers - JESUS CHRIST, Crazyeight. What's wrong with you. :roll:

Defiantly need to add The FIghter.

Rohan wrote:These are the list of films that possibly get the nominations and they could win. It is an opinion and so far these are the list of the films from award winning and well known filmmakers and writers - JESUS CHRIST, Crazyeight. What's wrong with you. :roll:
I guess I'm the kind of person who needs to actually see a film before I think it's "Best Picture" worthy. You can't formulate a legitimate opinion on what should be nominated for "Best Picture" if you haven't seen 10 out of the 11 films you listed. But if your just going off of films that have the Academy's name written all over it, you should include The Fighter as allstarr mentioned earlier.

I totally forgot about THE FIGHTER.

The purpose of this thread is to have discussions about these films and predict winners and losers. I think that's not too hard to do. And when these movies are out and when we watch them then we can talk about that. The list you see above are the list that are going to be released before the Academy Awards.

you forgot Never LEt Me Go

and Sofia Coppola's Somewhere