THE 83RD ACADEMY AWARDS: 2011

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I dont think The Tourist is an Oscar contender...from the description, it sounds like it should have been a summer movie instead,,,

i heard the director say that Depp is amazing in it though...he said he's so funny (not surprising) and that it's the closest portrayal to himself that he has ever done, which is something i was expecting based on the pics we saw

IMO the nominees for Best Picture will be:

1. The Tree Of Life (Terrence Mallick)
2. The Social Network (David Fincher)
3. 127 Hours (Dany Boyle)
4. Hereafter (Clint Eastwood)
5. Black Swan (Darren Aronofsky)
6. True Grit (Coen Brothers)
7. London Boulevard (William Monahan)
8. Inception (Christopher Nolan)
9. The Fighter (David Russell)
10. Toy Story 3 (Lee Unkrich)

what about The Town
:oops:

OVERMAN wrote:what about The Town
:oops:

are you serious? :oops:

it might be a good movie but that's it... to be a contender for Oscars you must "bring something to the table".. :think:

"Hereafter" and "Tree of Life" are coming out this year? :shock:

Anyway, judging by the early reviews, it seems "Black Swan" might have potential. There aren't enough reviews yet to really tell. "Inception" and "Toy Story 3" are sold for Best Picture... and, according to critics, "The Kids Are Alright"... :wtf:

i think black swan, 127 hours, and never let me go are definiely locked for nominations now

is there a bloody formula for this shit?

There is possibility INCEPTION gets the nominations and wins all the awards, but based on what they did with NOLAN last time I don't think it will be nominated. I do want to see NOLAN gets the nomination and the award as he deserves it big time.

Rohan wrote:There is possibility INCEPTION gets the nominations and wins all the awards, but based on what they did with NOLAN last time I don't think it will be nominated. I do want to see NOLAN gets the nomination and the award as he deserves it big time.

Exactly based on that they have a nomination locked for Inception for Best Picture... They know they almost ruined that year so in a way this will be the year for Nolan...

RIFA wrote:
Rohan wrote:There is possibility INCEPTION gets the nominations and wins all the awards, but based on what they did with NOLAN last time I don't think it will be nominated. I do want to see NOLAN gets the nomination and the award as he deserves it big time.

Exactly based on that they have a nomination locked for Inception for Best Picture... They know they almost ruined that year so in a way this will be the year for Nolan...

i think nolan has very bad timing...this oscar season seems to be too crowded for inception to squeeze in there