The Social Network will win best film at the oscars

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
thrice wrote:it actually seems to glorify Facebook, or better, the only reason I see why the name "Facebook" is used here is for promotional reasons, not to give any genuine insight into the real creation behind. I mean why couldn't they use a fictional invention or something because the whole movie seems completely fictional except for the names. The fact that the name gets used to sell the movie to the mainstream is something that bugs me and that the real people get an even worse and perhaps undeserved bad reputation because of it. I don't expect a documentary but come on
It is not using Facebook for promotional reasons at all. I did some research and most of what happened in the movie did happen in real life. Of course not everything will be exact, but the film was amazing in that it showed a man who was truly alone in the world, who just wanted to be accepted and liked. The ending scene is such a great representation of that.

Dingman wrote:
thrice wrote:it actually seems to glorify Facebook, or better, the only reason I see why the name "Facebook" is used here is for promotional reasons, not to give any genuine insight into the real creation behind. I mean why couldn't they use a fictional invention or something because the whole movie seems completely fictional except for the names. The fact that the name gets used to sell the movie to the mainstream is something that bugs me and that the real people get an even worse and perhaps undeserved bad reputation because of it. I don't expect a documentary but come on
It is not using Facebook for promotional reasons at all. I did some research and most of what happened in the movie did happen in real life. Of course not everything will be exact, but the film was amazing in that it showed a man who was truly alone in the world, who just wanted to be accepted and liked. The ending scene is such a great representation of that.
And it was really sad for me cuz I have done that before lol
Say Girl

I'm no fan of Faceborg - as one of my friends dubbed it - for many reasons, but the events surrounding its creation and the founders are actually interesting and I don't think a film about said events necessarily glorifies Faceborg. If anything, it rather makes the people behind it look selfish and greedy, if what I'm seeing in the trailers is anything to go by.

Bueller wrote:I'm no fan of Faceborg - as one of my friends dubbed it - for many reasons, but the events surrounding its creation and the founders are actually interesting and I don't think a film about said events necessarily glorifies Faceborg. If anything, it rather makes the people behind it look selfish and greedy, if what I'm seeing in the trailers is anything to go by.
Yeah like you don't have to have a facebook page to enjoy this movie. The few specific things they mention about the site are well know facts. Like you don't have to have a page to know about how annoying people can be about relationship statues. One thing people really haven't been mentioning is that it's a great college film and pretty much anyone who has been to college can relate. What makes it so good to me is how on one hand it's this great college film and on the other hand you have all this business intrigue and lawsuits going on. It's a strange combo but it really works in the film. Plus I like to see a film where they show college kids who are accually smart. It's fun to watch a room full of lawyers being intimidated by a twenty year old. My new line is now "You have part of my attention - you have the minimum amount."
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:Yeah Armie played the twins. Spiderman was great. I mean he was the only person in the film you could sympathize with. And he nailed it. But the twins just cracked me up so much.

i just hated how they talked...it seemed like they were hamming it up in trying to play the character of proper rich kids too much

talli wrote:
Redsmile wrote:Yeah Armie played the twins. Spiderman was great. I mean he was the only person in the film you could sympathize with. And he nailed it. But the twins just cracked me up so much.

i just hated how they talked...it seemed like they were hamming it up in trying to play the character of proper rich kids too much
Kinda the point
besides lots of spoiled people are like that
I like when actors can pull off roles with unlikable characters
you know you hate the characters that they play but there fun to watch
spiderman is the only person in the film you feel for
and he did a great job of making you feel his pain or whatever
but your suppose to feel for him
the twins well...the roles were much harder to pull off
Say Girl

Rohan wrote:I respect David Fincher and enjoyed his previous films, but I have been kind of skeptic about "The Social Network". I don't know why. May be it's about facebook and I am like "who cares". I didn't knew that the creators of facebook went through some big law suits. In the end I thought about it, well, it's their story of law suits so nothing is worth watching. I am still wondering what's the hype for.

I have been told it is awesome and it is a masterpiece.
lol of your still wondering you have yet to see it
I dont mean that like if you see it you will think its a masterpiece
you will just know how you feel about rather good or bad
your statement about not understanding the hype without seeing the film is like asking why people like chocolate without ever trying it.
Say Girl

JRM
Does anyone know where I could watch the confrontation scene near the end with Edguardo and Mark? You know, that scene where he throws the laptop on the ground? I have to see that again. That was intense and probably my favorite scene in the movie.

After seeing TSN, I could see it winning best picture.