Post Your favorite dialogues.

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Post your favorite dialogues and lines. They could be from a movie, sitcom, TV Series or from a book. I personally think dialogues are magical. No matter how long or short they are it affects your heart and in some ways it changes your life. I am first with my favorite ones. - Make sure to type the source and which character performed it.

SIGNS: Graham Hess - People break down into two groups. When they experience something lucky, group number one sees it as more than luck, more than coincidence. They see it as a sign, evidence, that there is someone up there, watching out for them. Group number two sees it as just pure luck. Just a happy turn of chance. I'm sure the people in group number two are looking at those fourteen lights in a very suspicious way. For them, the situation is a fifty-fifty. Could be bad, could be good. But deep down, they feel that whatever happens, they're on their own. And that fills them with fear. Yeah, there are those people. But there's a whole lot of people in group number one. When they see those fourteen lights, they're looking at a miracle. And deep down, they feel that whatever's going to happen, there will be someone there to help them. And that fills them with hope. See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, that sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?

THE VILLAGE: Edward Walker: Who do you think will continue this place, this life? Do you plan to live forever? It is in them that our future lies. It is in Ivy and Lucius that this way of life will continue. Yes, I have risked! I hope I am always able to risk everything for the just and right cause. If we did not make this decision, we could never again call ourselves innocent, and that in the end is what we have protected here: innocence! That, I'm not ready to give up.

THE DARK KNIGHT: Joker - It's a funny world we live in. Speaking of which, do you know how I got these scars?

PULP FICTION: Jules - The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

MEMENTO: Leonard - I don't even know how long she's been gone. It's like I've woken up in the bed and she's not here because she's gone to the bathroom or something. But somehow I just know that she'll never come back to bed. I lie here not knowing how long I've been alone. If I could just reach out and touch her side of the bed I could know that it was cold, but I can't. I have no idea when she left. I know I can't have her back, but I want to be able to let her go. I don't want to wake up every morning thinking she's still here then realizing that she's not. I want time to pass, but it won't. How can I feel if I can't feel time?

MEMENTO: Leonard - I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believa that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. But do I? Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there? Yes. We all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we are. I'm no different. Now... Where was I?

THE DARK KNIGHT: Gordon - Because... He's the hero Gotham deserves... But not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... A dark knight.

THE PRESTIGE: Cutter - Every magic trick consists of three parts or acts... (And the rest of this part)

Every single thing Avery and Tarantino have ever written...

There Will Be Blood: Daniel Plainview - Ladies and gentlemen... I've traveled over half our state to be here tonight. I couldn't get away sooner because my new well was coming in at Coyote Hills and I had to see about it. That well is now flowing at two thousand barrels and it's paying me an income of five thousand dollars a week. I have two others drilling and I have sixteen producing at Antelope. So, ladies and gentlemen... if I say I'm an oil man you will agree. You have a great chance here, but bear in mind, you can lose it all if you're not careful. Out of all men that beg for a chance to drill your lots, maybe one in twenty will be oilmen; the rest will be speculators-that's men trying to get between you and the oilmen-to get some of the money that ought by rights come to you. Even if you find one that has money, and means to drill, he'll maybe know nothing about drilling and he'll have to hire out the job on contract, and then you're depending on a contractor that's trying to rush the job through so he can get another contract just as quick as he can. This is... the way that this works.

JAWS: Sam Quint: "Here lies the body of Mary Lee. Died at the age of 103. For 15 years she kept her virginity, not a poor record for this poor old vicinity"

THE DARK KNIGHT: The Joker:"My father was a drinker. And a fiend. One night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy grabs the kithcen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not. One. Bit. So, me watching he takes the knife ot her, laughing while he does it. Turns to me ad says: "Why so serious?" Comes at me with the knife. "Why so serious?" Puts the blade in my mouth "Let's put a smile on that face". Why so serious?"

DIE HARD 2: John Mclaene: "Hey Carmine, tell me: what sets off the metal detectors first? The lead in your ass or the sh*t in your brains?"

Gibson's speech in "Signs" is also one of my all-time favorites, but this is the best...

THE USUAL SUSPECTS: Verbal Kint: "Who is Keyser Soze? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone."

THERE WILL BE BLOOD: Drainageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Dark Nolan wrote:THERE WILL BE BLOOD: Drainageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
I. Drink. Your. Milkshake!

:lol:

bLaZe wrote:
Dark Nolan wrote:THERE WILL BE BLOOD: Drainageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
I. Drink. Your. Milkshake!

:lol:
:lol: :thumbup:

OMG! This one is fuc*ing hilarious! :lol:

LOL! That second vid is genius. :lol: