Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Universal Pictures has announced today that principal photography has begun on Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, the upcoming sequel to the hit 2008 film. Ten years after Mamma Mia! The Movie grossed more than $600 million around the world, you are invited to return to the magical Greek island of Kalokairi in an all-new original musical based on the songs of ABBA. The musical comedy will open on July 20, 2018.

Reprising their roles from Mamma Mia! The Movie are Academy Award winner Meryl Streep as Donna, Julie Walters as Rosie and Christine Baranski as Tanya. Amanda Seyfried and Dominic Cooper reunite as Sophie and Sky, while Pierce Brosnan, Stellan Skarsgård and Oscar winner Colin Firth return to play Sophie’s three possible dads: Sam, Bill and Harry.

New additions to the cast also include Lily James (Cinderella, Baby Driver). As the film goes back and forth in time to show how relationships forged in the past resonate in the present, James will play the role of Young Donna. Filling the roles of Young Rosie and Young Tanya are Alexa Davies (A Brilliant Young Mind) and Jessica Keenan Wynn (Go Green). Young Sam will be played by Jeremy Irvine (Fallen), while Young Bill is Josh Dylan (Allied) and Young Harry is Hugh Skinner (Kill Your Friends).
https://movieweb.com/mamma-mia-here-we- ... tart-cast/

Keeping in accordance with the prophecy from the Old Testament; "When the lord descends from the heavens and reveal himself to the mortals, he shall proclaim "I give thee go-picture on a Mamma Mia sequel."

Imagine paying to see this day one. On any day really.

I think I watched about 15 minutes of the first one before turning it off. I might consider suffering through this one because of James though.£

I'm all for a sequel yo, but didn't the first film use all of the Abba songs???

m4st4 wrote:Imagine paying to see this day one. On any day really.
Not as bad as people who still pay to see Transformers though.

I've enjoyed watching first one but it was too corny and cheesy sometimes.

Still in though.
the_red_ninja wrote:I'm all for a sequel yo, but didn't the first film use all of the Abba songs???
abba only made 20 songs? :shock:

I was working at a cinema when the first one came out and we all hated cleaning up after the karaoke version of the film. Popcorn was fucking everywhere. But it actually was a hell of a lot of fun when I went to see it that way.

Pratham wrote:I've enjoyed watching first one but it was too corny and cheesy sometimes.

Still in though.
the_red_ninja wrote:I'm all for a sequel yo, but didn't the first film use all of the Abba songs???
abba only made 20 songs? :shock:
I mean they used all the hits. They cannot redo songs. That's a musical no no yo.

Fernando, When I Kissed the Teacher, Rock Me, The King has Lost His Crown, If it Wasn't for the Nights

There are places to go. However the entire Mamma Mia concept is deeply repugnant