Joker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Because that loud minority is sexist.

Still as not great as this movie is, I'm happy this is doing so well and people are getting something out of it they havent gotten from superhero films before.

Film Twitter is mad about the lack of female directors in the globe nominations and Todd Phillips is taking the brunt of most of their anger.

radewart wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 2:58 pm
Film Twitter is mad about the lack of female directors in the globe nominations and Todd Phillips is taking the brunt of most of their anger.
Yeah it's not a Todd Phillips thing it's a structural thing. The other 4 directors are film twitter favorites so I get why they aren't taking brunt of it.

After talking with a right wing friend of mine I was wondering...
How come people who constantly complain that the new Star Wars, Star Trek or Watchmen are too political, somehow love this movie?

LelekPL wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 8:51 am
After talking with a right wing friend of mine I was wondering...
How come people who constantly complain that the new Star Wars, Star Trek or Watchmen are too political, somehow love this movie?
They’re racist, misogynistic bigots.

Michael Mann, Greta Gerwig, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Sean Baker and Guillermo Del Toro all loved this. Extremely respected and intelligent filmmakers. Maybe some critics did have an obvious agenda....maybe it wasn’t made just for incels and they’re the only ones who like it. Some clearly wanted to fit into the “cool” hive of film twitter.