Joker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Okay so this is a meme review but man, I am not ready for this fucking movie at all lmao

I've seen posts and tweets like that, but don't you think some of these are parodies of what people think a so-called incel would post about the film?

radewart wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 6:22 pm
I've seen posts and tweets like that, but don't you think some of these are parodies of what people think a so-called incel would post about the film?
I mentioned it's a meme review in my post. So I'm aware it's fake and not real. But I think it does a good job of highlighting how certain groups will react to this film.

A nice guy type messaged me not too long ago unironically saying "I can't wait to see how Joker is molded by society" and I never responded back because I was laughing way too hard.

Well looks like this film will be the Fight Club/A Clockwork Orange of a new generation.

Artemis wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 6:30 pm
radewart wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 6:22 pm
I mentioned it's a meme review in my post. So I'm aware it's fake and not real. But I think it does a good job of highlighting how certain groups will react to this film.

A nice guy type messaged me not too long ago unironically saying "I can't wait to see how Joker is molded by society" and I never responded back because I was laughing way too hard.
Sorry, thought you were thinking the review was legit, wasn't really sure what a meme review meant.

You're good dude. No worries!

I'm not even a big fan of Fight Club or A Clockwork Orange, but these reactions get me very excited. I just hate how people are finding ways to invalidate them.

A bunch of tech issues with the screening later...

This is, for lack of a better word, a sledgehammer of a film... Joaquin of course amazing, it's unsettling and frankly terrifying. Fantastic craft work - the score especially (can't get that chilling riff out of my head) and the cinematography, they really help elevate it all.

I loved its take on Gotham's mythos - for all of its tonal 'elevation' above the CBM genre (hell, zero mention of DC except the end credits) it very wisely and interestingly integrates those wider universe elements (that I wouldn't be surprised if they come into play in the future). IMO though, it needed a subtler and more careful hand on it all, it got very much overbearing at times...but really dug what they attempted here and they almost got it there. Would love more out there films like this from WB/DC and the genre in general.

How was Zazie and De Niro's roles?