Joker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

The only person who should decide to apologise for a certain piece of art are the artists themselves. Eddie Murphy just apologised for his past comic material. Nobody was asking him to, and yet he decided to. He created those jokes and he has ownership over them, meaning he gets to feel about them however he likes. I did not like majority of Chappelle's new stand-up show, but he had every right to make those jokes.

If Phillips claims he can't do comedy anymore, he must care more about the reaction to his jokes instead of the message he wants to convey with them.

Oops shots fired.

The irony of someone like Phillips complaining about other people’s fragility over offensive humor is def not lost on me - dude, you’re literally whining about not being able to get away with the kind of humor you want to because of twitter. That’s the epitome of sensitivity lmao

Imagine caring about Twitter comments when you're depositing millions in the bank.

Artemis wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 2:19 pm
Imagine caring about Twitter comments when you're depositing millions in the bank.
like how ansel elgort didn’t care about the public’s opinion when he whined about the goldfinch sucking???

Ruth wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 2:26 pm
Artemis wrote:
like how ansel elgort didn’t care about the public’s opinion when he whined about the goldfinch sucking???
wow sweaty this is not the same thing at all. check urself. i am literally deceased

Ruth wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Lmao! Savage Ruth.

Allstar wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 2:27 pm
Ruth wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Lmao! Savage Ruth.
i love how you fell for the obvious joke. it's so cute how much you hate me lol
Last edited by Artemis on October 2nd, 2019, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Artemis wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Artemis wrote:
wow sweaty this is not the same thing at all. check urself. i am literally deceased
the goldfinch’s box office is deceased

Ruth wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 2:27 pm

the goldfinch’s box office is deceased
i wish i was deceased. maybe that will happen when i see joker