The Walking Dead (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

madcowre wrote:
Cilogy wrote: The show runner is different for S4, I think that could be promising.
The new show runner is the one who wrote some of the best episodes, including 'Clear' my favourite of this season.

He also wrote next weeks episode...
Hmmm interesting. I was looking up this Scott Gimple guy and he certainly has an awesome writing resume on TWD, incuding "Clear", "Hounded" and "18 Miles Out". I have a few concerns though:

- Writing and producing a few episodes is totally different from running the whole freaking show yo. Hopefully, he adjusts accordingly and produces more of the episodes that match the calibre of his writing.
- Another thing is that I have not even met this guy, what I mean by that is that Glen Mazzara, Frank Darabont, David Alpert, Gale Anne Hurd, Robert Kirkman and Glen Nicotero are familiar faces to the fans, because they have done plenty of appearances and interviews along with the cast. I would just like him to put himself out there a bit and embrace the fans. He's still got a little time before it is a must.

I seriously want to bash the head of anyone who's saying "If Daryl dies, we riot". How fucking stupid people are, I'm asking you?

SomeFrenchToast wrote:I seriously want to bash the head of anyone who's saying "If Daryl dies, we riot". How fucking stupid people are, I'm asking you?
probably because there's a big gap between the satisfaction he brings to the thing and everything else in the show right now

prince0gotham wrote:
SomeFrenchToast wrote:I seriously want to bash the head of anyone who's saying "If Daryl dies, we riot". How fucking stupid people are, I'm asking you?
probably because there's a big gap between the satisfaction he brings to the thing and everything else in the show right now
It's not just 'right now', and it has nothing to really do with the rest of the series; it's been like that ever since the beginning of season 2, when his character started to be really developed. It's just because he's a fav number 1 because he's the "cute redneck that no one ever cared about" and because of his evolution throughout the series from the disliked guy to the leader's right hand. And because Reedus is charismatic in this role. Don't get me wrong, he's my fav character as well, but saying you'll stop watching the entire show just because of one character is just plain fucking dumb.

It's become a trend to say that and it probably makes most tumblr users think they're so cool and rebellious by agreeing with this.

SomeFrenchToast wrote:Don't get me wrong, he's my fav character as well, but saying you'll stop watching the entire show just because of one character is just plain fucking dumb.
Most of the people who say that will still watch the show. It's just their way of acting important... like they have a solution for some imaginary issue.

Apparently Andrew Lincoln has told rollingstone that 27 people will die in the finale. :o Most of that will probably be canon fodder from Woodbury' side.

the_red_ninja wrote:Apparently Andrew Lincoln has told rollingstone that 27 people will die in the finale. :o Most of that will probably be canon fodder from Woodbury' side.
I don't know if the finale will
be the Governor attacking the prison with his people and being killed by one of the Woodbury's inhabitants
but I heard that season 4 will take place in the prison as well so...

SomeFrenchToast wrote:
prince0gotham wrote: probably because there's a big gap between the satisfaction he brings to the thing and everything else in the show right now
It's not just 'right now', and it has nothing to really do with the rest of the series; it's been like that ever since the beginning of season 2, when his character started to be really developed. It's just because he's a fav number 1 because he's the "cute redneck that no one ever cared about" and because of his evolution throughout the series from the disliked guy to the leader's right hand. And because Reedus is charismatic in this role. Don't get me wrong, he's my fav character as well, but saying you'll stop watching the entire show just because of one character is just plain fucking dumb.

It's become a trend to say that and it probably makes most tumblr users think they're so cool and rebellious by agreeing with this.
Agreed with all of this. Though his popularity became evident in the first season, not the second, which is why they did promote him to main cast in the second. He's the most developed character because he's an original, not pulled from the comics. Plus, I think most of the kudos should go to Norman's subtle acting with Daryl's emotional side.

He's my favourite character too, but saying you'll give up the show is ridiculous. I started watching it before Daryl was even introduced, more than likely most people did, but they seems to forget that. Sure, he'd leave a huge gap but it wouldn't stop most people watching. True fans anyway. So yeah, I agree. It's stupid to say stuff like that.

Besides, he's the shows cash cow. He won't be going until the end. I don't even know why people are worrying. :lol: (but then again if these fans didn't show support like this, then he wouldn't be guaranteed a lifespan on the show like he is atm)